Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lee football carousel still rolling

He coached at Chopitcon High School in Maryland for quite a while. I think right before he came to Lee he was teaching nearby in Church Hill.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red66 View Post
    If they are expecting someone to come in there and get 7-8 wins right off the bat they are crazy. I would assume that somebody on the new board wants Satterfield to be the coach now?
    That would fit the trend for Lee if you've noticed. Lee seems to rotate, in-house one go and then go outside of the county the next...then back again. If they stick to it the next hire would be already in the system. The way Lee goes through coaches it would seem to me awfully tough to really get a good pool of candidates. Some seem high on this new SB and while I like a couple of them, we've heard this before and not seen much difference. I guess we'll see. Like you say, I really don't know how they expect much anything different. I'm saving the topics on the CMD forum for future reference. I hope they surprise in a big way, but given past history...eh, its hard to believe it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I were Lee, I would pick the phone up, call Phil Robbins and say "what would it take for you to be our coach"? If they would leave him alone he would be competing for CMD titles in 2-3 years.
    [img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lee has a pretty good group of freshman and soon to be rising freshman from Pennington coming up the pipeline. Of course, we have seen that a few times in the last decade, and not see much done with it at the varsity level. Should make for an interesting spring/summer in Lee County.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no way a school with 700-800 kids should not field a football team of at least 80 kids. If they can get someone in there that could drum up the interest in the program to where people actually want to come out for the team they would be very competitive. Heck they were very competitive this year they just lost a ton of close games. They just need numbers and for an extended period of time. If this kids aren't committed and the best they can get out is 40 kids, something is wrong. I know travel is a big basis but the County needs to do everything possible to make it a successful program or fold it all together. All in or All out.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agreed greatly. Of course it helps to actually give them a chance to try and establish something toward it. Lee has a good number also that go to Union, TW, RC or wherever (even those that move away, look how many formerly of Lee are at Gate City)....maybe with some continuity and even just a little more success some of these kids go to or stay at Lee.
    Last edited by beamer_ball; January 18th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Inactive Member Mrdoubledribble's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beamer_ball View Post
    Agreed greatly. Of course it helps to actually a chance to try and establish something toward it. Lee has a good number that go to Union, TW, RC or wherever (even those that move away, look how many formerly of Lee are at Gate City)....maybe with some continuity and even just a little more success some of these kids go to or stay at Lee.
    Are you saying that kids that live OUTSIDE of Wise County are attending Wise County Schools and they don't live in Russell County? Unheard of!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lee does not have a good number of students that go the TW. There maybe only 5 or 6 students attend TW from the Jonesville area. Most of those are girls. No Football players from Lee go the TW.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lee is the same size that Pennington High was when it shut down. It's not some big huge school anymore. People are expecting too much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't think Pennington was that big when it was open. I thought they were around 500 or so.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08