Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lee football carousel still rolling

It seems like he was there when sanders was there and got out for a while. Phil wouldn't last either because it sounds as if the parents wouldn't have anything left to do. What assistants do get along all the time? Hope the new one can sit in there long enough to cycle a group of freshman through.
    n/a

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonade1 View Post
    Hope the new one can sit in there long enough to cycle a group of freshman through.
    Wow that got me thinking and I don't believe a coach has got a group of freshmen through at Lee High since Don Williams' first run as coach (unless Allen Kinser did).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not 100% certain this all right, but I think this is the past coaching history for Lee:

1989-1992 Don Williams *record: 37-13 (record of 119-54-3 at Pennington)
    1993-1996 Allen Kinser *record: 24-22
    1997-1998 Don Williams *record: 15-9
    1999 Gary Wolfe *record: 3-7
    2000-2002 Brian Lee *record: 6-24
    2003 Chris Hagerman *record: 1-9
    2004-2005 Gary Wolfe *record: 4-16
    2006-2008 Bobby Sanders *record: 13-17
    2009 Brian Coomer *record: 2-8
    2010-2011 Andy Palko, jr. *record: 7-13

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, that's impressive. Looks like lee doesn't have a coaching problem after all. How can you question credentials with a history of changes like this? They need someone with fire and for the hierarchy to get out of the way. Reminds me of my wife's vehicle, trades when the tires are bald instead of just getting the new treads. Success breeds success, but what the he'll happened there? Didn't realize it but I think they're surpassing John battle. Who woulda thought?
    n/a

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will say the first two or three were more justified. Wolfe's first go at it was with the interim tag applied with Williams retiring just before the start of the '99 season. B. Lee didn't show much progress with the teams, Hagerman was fired for good reason after the incident with the students, Wolfe resigned after his second stint..although I think it was said that it was one of those resign or be fired deals. Sanders resigned to back to Mississippi (and I would say if he had another losing season they would have cut him too with the way people were beginning to talk), and then they didn't Coomer or Palko either much of a chance...1-2 seasons isn't much of an opportunity. Some think this SB is a good group but we've heard it before and I'll not expect anything good or one that will be even given much of chance until we see something different.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like Williams seen the writing on the wall
    n/a

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lee took a heavy hit with graduation after the '98 season (lost Satterfield, Buchanan, Cantor..etc.). I think it was health problems that forced Williams to retire just a couple of weeks before the season started. Wolfe took over on short notice and Lee started that year off 0-4 I believe, then turned around and fisnished up a little better the second half of the season. Through those early '00 years they weren't lacking for talent any. The jobs done then I think ultimately set the tone for the tough go from the on. I thought Sanders had something good possibly going on. Lee's only winning season since '98 came in '07 with a 7-3 year. Shouldn't be any reason they can't be back on track to at least a fairly good program but hard to do it the way the powers that be want it. Stop allowing the parents/boosters to control things and have such a hand that they do would be a nice first step.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That 98 team was loaded, as well as 97 when you add in Calton. Bailey, Wynn, Wilder, Day in 98 as well. I grew up playing LL football and basketball against them and was friends with a few. Lebanon upset them in 98 to win the Highlands.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The people hiring and firing these football coaches in Lee County .......you can tell at face value that it is political and that all of them are Republicans. Why? Because there is a new frontrunner every year to be the head coach at the school. But....maybe they are all Democrats because the school board..... which is akin to a local government body, has definitely got their hands, feet, legs, arms and nose into anything and everything out there with sports. So I guess just call them the Democratic Republicans.
    If I am a football coach and I see this track record of how many different head coaches the school has went through and they are offering me a job.....I have them guarantee me in writing with all of them signing the sheet that I will be there at least 4 to 5 years......and if I haven't done anything after the 5th year then get rid of me. But change like this... I would look at them and think... why would I work for a bunch of parental psychos who feel their kids are the best and they haven't done squat since Chris Day was there.

Lee High football + musical chairs football coaches = losers for life.

You think losing is bad now. God have mercy on your players souls when the VHSL reclassifies.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PVVikings2006 View Post
    and they haven't done squat since Chris Day was there. .
    They went to the State finals after Chris Day; and 2 semifinal apppearnces even after that ('91, '97).

Quote Originally Posted by PVVikings2006 View Post
    You think losing is bad now. God have mercy on your players souls when the VHSL reclassifies.
    Not very long removed from AA and they've been a bit better recently than they were in that final stretch.