PDA

View Full Version : Here's to your health

minnow~
August 8th, 2001, 11:48 PM
Recently there was a lot of discussion on the board about weight and being fat....

Just got me to thinking...what do you do for your health? What foods will you just not allow yourself to have? Given up smoking? Taken up walking or swimming?....and do you think about it more with each passing year?

I'm just curious how you take care of yourselves *S*....if you worry about it all...how your lifestyle has changed over the years....

I quit smoking...cigarettes (never smoked many) and pot (which I smoked daily for 12 years)...I have also recently (today *L*) given up drinking pop...thinking about taking up walking in the mornings again....I think I should prolly eat more vegetables but can't seem to figure out how to get them into my diet *L*

I soak in warm tub when I want to relax but I think I should do it more often....

how about you?

CrazySam
August 9th, 2001, 12:02 AM
I used to live on cheese, and alfredo sauce. I was afraid to get my cholesterol checked cause I figured I would have to give them up. SO I gave them up first, now I rarely eat cheese except on certain appetizers, and I even order cheesburgers without the cheese. I think they have a name for them, oh well, can't remember it now. And for aerobics, I jog. And I eliminated as much stress as I could, but that's an ongoing thing

Blanca
August 9th, 2001, 01:14 AM
I have always been very health conscious, However, I am on a health kick right now....I think It is because I am going home for a visit to my friends and family up North and, I really want to look like I have improved in many different ways...and well I know I have improved mentally.and such, but all that they are really going to see is physicall...so I am trying to get in good shape for the impression.....(just trying to be honest)

So, I have always been diet conscious , I love health food. BUt I havent always been active...after I quit performance dancing..my exercise was none..all that beautiful muscle and tone ...GONE to flab!!!

So as of the past month,. I have been faithfully, drinking Water..I have 64 or more ounces a day..which is 8 full glasses of water....I try to eat balanced diet every day...every food group. I have in the past 6 months cut out all dairy products from cow. I am not totally cow free, but , I dont drink milk, I dont eat cheese, no red meat, no butter, no nuffin....every once in a while I have a low milk fat cheese, like ...parmesean or mozzarella....COS I LOVE PIZZA!!!!

I take 3 tablets a day..they are fat metabolizers..and energy boosters..they help me keep busy all day..and give me energy..to exercise...cos I cant sit still on em...I have been running 3 times a week and Yoga 2x a week ....

I got a new haircut, and new glasses.....some cool clothes....and I take a bubble bath once a week.....this is my health regimine!

I have a new look and I am feeling really good!

~Genie~
August 9th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Well, I for one am in poor health. I smoke cigarettes. I eat fatty greasy fods. (fastfood). I am anaemic. I have low iron defiency, which has got me down to 100 lbs from 111. I take iron pills, and I need to start taking vitamins. My exercise is, instead of taking the car to my moms, I walk. And its like half a mile, but thats it. And I work out by cleaning my house in a fast paced rhythm. Im probably the poster woman for bad health. *L* I eat all kinds of food. I dont refrain from eating anything. I eat what i want to.

*opens my tropical wine cooler* *raises my bottle* *cheers* heres to my health*L*

*Leo the Lioness*
August 9th, 2001, 07:57 AM
i've had my cholesterol tested and it's fine and my blood pressure's usually either 110/70 or 120/80......i love telling the nurse what it's gonna be before they take it, they look at me like i'm psychic *LOL*

i'm anemic also, iron as well as Vitamin B, and i dont always take it cuz it constipates me, even the "soft iron", so it's a bitch, but so is feeling weak and tired all the time, so i do what i gotta do and eat plenty of fruit to help that

for someone who's abused herself as much as i have in my lifetime, i should be in worse shape than i am, but by the same token the other way, i could be healthier too.....sometimes when you're responsible for the health and happiness of other people you tend to put yourself last, which makes no sense cuz if you get sick, there's no one there to take care of everyone else, but that's how it is *shrug*

Chilly
August 9th, 2001, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Times New Roman ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Leo the Lioness*:
sometimes when you're responsible for the health and happiness of other people you tend to put yourself last, which makes no sense cuz if you get sick, there's no one there to take care of everyone else, but that's how it is *shrug*[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been there done that this past spring. I ended up in the hospital over it. I know now i have to take care of me and have changed ALOT of things in my life. Mentally and physically. And as of yesterday, im trying to quit smoking. I feel better now than i have in a very long time and i have to thank Gator for that. With his support, i know i can handle all the changes i have to make. My biggest problem was not enough sleep and not eating right. Since my episode with the hospital, i have changed those habits. Im now getting the sleep i need and have been eating. I was like Mel in a way. Forget to sleep and always forgot to eat. *L* Gator makes sure i do both now *G*

*Smooooooooooches* my baby *VBS*

------------------
I am who I am and if you don't like me the way I am...TOUGH SHIT *S*

Chilly
August 9th, 2001, 04:25 PM
yep chloe i am *VBG* and doing pretty well i might add.

and as for my baby....i was speaking of Gator but than again you are my baby daughter eh???? *LMAO*

*smooooooooooooooches* my baby daughter *ROFLMAO*

demon chloe
August 9th, 2001, 05:22 PM
CHILL!...im so glad...you already know my Dad died of lung cancer....to each his own...(my sister ..she's a nurse..took care of him...from november til february when he died)..and she still smokes....how? i don't know but ..like i said..its her choice.....i've never tried it..so i cant even begin to know what its like to quit

BUT YOU..... YaY YaY YaY!..proud of you...when ever you need to let off steam..cuz ya want to smoke...yahoo me...and ripp me to shreds...i can take it..k?

GO CHILLY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

love ya... http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif

Blanca
August 9th, 2001, 08:21 PM
DID I forget to mention that, I too quit smoking.....*VBS*

its been a month!!!!....

Yeah!...I feel good!

^GOD^
August 9th, 2001, 11:37 PM
lights a bone drinks a beer http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Non Phixion
August 10th, 2001, 01:52 AM
*walks in the room with a joint in one hand and a beer and smoke in the other.... sheeeeeeit.... this is the wrong place.... bunch of health nuts in here *whispers to GOD... i think they all lookin at us

demon chloe
August 10th, 2001, 03:25 AM
I am pretty sure...Chilly means me....her baby..*BAG http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/tongue.gif

CHill? you are gonna try to quit smoking? OMG I LOVe ya so much......means the world to me..that you will even try.......

Try and try and try...as the guy from the waterboy say's....."you can do it!"

SMOOOOCH

[This message has been edited by demon chloe (edited August 09, 2001).]

Chilly
August 10th, 2001, 10:59 AM
congrats Blanca! *HUGS* I havent quit completely yet but i have cut my smoking in half *VBS*

*looks at GOD and Non* *L* Give me a beer dammit!!!!! *mumbles*

demon chloe
August 10th, 2001, 01:23 PM
congrats BLanca cita... YOu go girl....!

SMoooches chilly...hypers her and walks the GaToR

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...*hands you a carrot..and some eggplant...*L

^GOD^
August 11th, 2001, 02:17 AM
non..i think its cause we are naked also that everyone is lookin at us http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif passes ya the j

takes the egg plant..goes for a walk at midnight http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif