PDA

View Full Version : difficulty/expense of outfitting gas connection

ixonia80
November 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Has anyone had to install a new gas connection to accomodate their chambers range? I heard it uses propane, not natural gas and can be quite expensive to install or adapt, is this true?
Also, are there any ways to make it work if you move to a home with only electric appliances?

ha_asfan
November 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
If there is allready a gas line coming into the structure, briniging it to the location you want is [typically] not a big deal.

taheckler
November 4th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I think you got the "city gas" (natural) and LP (propane gas) backwards - most Chambers you see are setup for city gas. The Model C's and Model BZ are convertible for either natural or LP, but the Model B's are alot harder.

I know Chambers made an electric cooktop and wall oven, but don't know about an actual stove. Does anyone know?

berlyn
November 5th, 2005, 02:19 AM
What model Chambers are we talking about??

Are you saying the house is "all electric" even the water heater and HVAC system??

Berlyn

ixonia80
November 5th, 2005, 08:40 PM
berlyn-it is just a hypothetical question, no specific stove or house yet! I want to buy one, and i've seen a lot of people mention connection problems as their reason for selling the stoves!!
Thanks everyone for your replies!!

berlyn
November 6th, 2005, 05:09 PM
We had no problem connecting the gas line. If you're a DIYer go to a "old fashion hardware store" and they will help you with connections. We've found the "mega home improvement stores" aren't as helpful for vintage appliances connections. You're kind of on your own in there. But if you have a house with an electric stove and want to install a gas Chambers and have a gas line coming to the house for waterheater and/or HVAC system a plumber can route the line for you.
Hope this helps you out.
Berlyn