PDA

View Full Version : TeamSol Oregon graphic?

akmark
July 2nd, 2002, 10:37 PM
I have been ordering decals from a local company for most of the year and am pretty happy.

Does anyone want (or better yet want to design) a TSO Decal or graphic?

I be very willing to research having the decals made and handling orders and such.

Thoughts?

Mark

NinjaDogg
July 3rd, 2002, 02:04 AM
This is an idea we'd tossed around, but nothing ever came out of it...yet. I like the idea of a small decal to go on the small triangular 1/4 window on the doors... Team Sol had a sticker like that. Look at www.teamdelsol.com (http://www.teamdelsol.com) in the STORE or something to see it...

akmark
July 3rd, 2002, 03:01 PM
I printed those pages and dropped them off this afternoon.

I don't think the quarter window is visible enough, but the first step is a graphic we can use... once we have that, the sky's the limit. I'm really not the artsy type.

I just put my email address on the trunk lid in black reflective lettering. Hardly visible during the day, but glows when a headlight hits it.

Mark

humanbeen
July 3rd, 2002, 05:06 PM
I'm a graphic designer, and can produce a design or artwork.

I disagree however that the design should come first and the placement second. Knowing in advance where on the vehicle the graphic is to be displayed will result in a much more satisfactory design.

For example, text configured for a windscreen banner would be unreadable if reduced to fit the front wing in discussion. Conversely, a graphic intended for the wing would be inappropriate as a banner.

Though I won't be putting any decals on my del Sol, I am open to working with members who wish to have them. I'll bring my portfolio to the meet. Or, if you need to get moving sooner, let me know on this board and I'll contact you.

akmark
July 3rd, 2002, 05:21 PM
Always happy to listen to someone (unlike me) that has a clue.

I would prefer a decal that can be applied to the painted surfaces, but am open to nearly anything.

Maybe we could have a graphic that could adapt to either? I would prefer something in the 4 to 8 inch size for placement on the trunk or rear, but a windshield graphic (or both) would work too.

mp

loki_60
July 7th, 2002, 03:15 AM
speaking of getting the word out.
i checked into a large (3'x6') vinyl banner.
probably around $200. would be a groovy thing to show peeps who we are when we get parked at different events.
any thoughts on getting a sponsor to pay for this?
edd