Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't get it?

I'm used to Version 2 where every board was customized? Every one I go to now is the same and no one is posting anymore. What happened?
    <b>Firefighters:</b> Find em hot, leave em wet and messy.

Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: I don't get it?

Unfortunately the one thing we could not port to the new platform was the customization(s) of the forums. We did make a post prior to the move letting people know to back up their images, color schemes, etc.

The new system is allowing us to push forward in not only offering more but greater control of individual forums. We recently released V1.0 of the Hostboard Control Panel (HBCP) which is what we are building upon for future versions.

While the HBCP duplicates and even exceeds the prior system's abilities the mechanism for customizing the colorization needs to be revamped (image replacement is much easier then ever and allows you to replace literaly everything). This is something we knew well before we started coding the new site. We had to make some sacrifices up front in order to make the switch. The new editor will be night and day compared to prior and current systems.

There is a massive laundry list of things we want to do and they are all happening. Just it takes time and money as there is only myself and Adam (our developer) working to get things done with me paying the way as well as a few members who have helped by donating (Special thank you to those people).

Though not using all of the HBCP ability here is at least one forum that is customized:
    theBeanScene online freakin' forum - Hostboard

I will be releasing a forum soon called "Show Case" in the admin area to try and show off the abilities of the site.

Thanx for asking
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk