Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's cool, actually "The Once and Future King" is one of the books on my summer list to read.

Also, if you are into that stuff then i think you will like Le Rouret's "The Green Knight". a lotr fic set in the 4th age, a different kind of adventure fic ... can't really describe the plot but a good long read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1856479

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, after b*tching and moaning about the lack of GOOD comedies, i've found one that i actually find amusing and quite humorous...

Scared Straight

though it's a GW/SM fic. Summary? Mina is obsessed (to a great extent but i don't really consider it OOC because...well...we all know what Mina will do to get a guy...) with Heero. In an attempt to get rid of his stalker, Heero tells her he's gay. Mina hatches a plot and forces Serena (her cousin) to move in with him as his roommate and help her cure him of his "gayness".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

omgod. i have the weirdest sense of humor but i found an LOTR comedy that i thought was pretty funny. well...more sardonic...

summary? faramir from the book meets faramir from the movie.

Two's a Crowd

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

does anybody know any good stories featured in the 4th age? or post-ring wars .... just wondering

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been on a lotr kick, featuring legolas growing up as an elfling in mirkwood, etc ... anyways, i definitely recommend "daw the ministrel" and "adromir" which both have excellent series. let me know what you guys think of them if any of you happen to read them as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just got done with two LOTR fics that i thought were pretty cute. "History Lessons" and "History Lessons 2: The Second Age". The first is when Elrohir and Elladan are elflings and have history lessons. the teacher's boring so elrond, glorfindel, and Celeborn take it upon themselves to teach them about the first age via stories. it has stuff about the silmarilli (sp?), elros, and all kinds of stuff. on top of that, there's also a second storyline going on about how elrond is still trying to cope with the loss of elros and opening up feeligns that he's kept buried for quite some time. it's very well written.

the second story is about the second age, (sauron, glorfindel's reincarnation, etc.) and introduces the new member of the family, Arwen!

very good reads.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angelwings, I am in the middle of reading those fics you recommended, and I absolutely love it! I admit, I started with the second one first, but I love how she portrays Glorfy- it's exactly like I imagined him!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

GO CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE!!!!!!!

History Lessons and History Lessons II: The Second Age by Nilmandra

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just remembered a GW/SM fic that i absolutely fell in love with. It's a little dark but it's smart, well-written, and very original. It's called To Shoot a Butterfly by Praeceps. I really, really, really recommend this.

also, i read a great article about seiya/usagi on Makenai that i thought was, to put it in simple terms, beautiful. i think everyone should read it.

<font color="#ff99ff" size="1">[ August 06, 2004 05:38 AM: Message edited by: angelwings6117 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heh, i was reading a multi-crossover (Sailor Moon ST) and the author totally maimed LotR. Switching the places of Merry and Pippin, putting in very modern dialogue, and having the stop at Lothlorien before Moria. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but...well...here's a quote and you can decide for yourselves...

?Yes. It is I, Glorfindel, the so-called Queen of Cats!?

and no, it's not a comedy. xP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If any of you guys like angst, in particular, Lotr angst then I would recommend Silver Thorne's These Tears You Cry. It's very dark and violent with a rating of R. I think it is very worth reading if you are into that genre. Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1954967/1/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast