Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot about the manga part to.

They were talking about Usagi, I was just mentioning that that was why Rei and Minako might have seemed closer or summat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know Loon, I thing that's right. I just went through my Sailor Moon images, the manga style drawings made by Naoko. And there are a lot of images where Raye and Mina are right beside each other in poses that seem to make them a little closer than normal. Just small hints at it, but they're there. It's funny really, because there are other drawings by her where they are in the arms of their general lover.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always wandered about that. I've seen those pictures and thought "who are they...?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, hehe. There's this one picture where Rei is on a bike (I think?) and Mina is standing right next to her, and Rei has an arm wrapped around Mina's waist, and Mina is running a hand through Rei's hair. Either that way, or the position is opposite.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, when I first got into SM, I really liked the relationship of Serena & Darien. I can really see what unconditional love and the idea of true love despite all ends. How realistic is that in real life ...

Seiya seems like a more 'right' choice in terms of age, personality, interests but like it was said before, Seiya is devoted to his princess and her role as Fighter. I think they make really good friends but not so much as lovers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So now that we've analysed S/D & S/S relationships, do you guys object to Serena paired with one of the scouts? What are your opinions on girl&girl relationships besides Amara & Michelle? (I know some of you had said something about the loyalty of the scouts to the princess but share some more of your thoughts.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No problem at all. Love is love, and it doesn't matter whoever it is, it can't be stopped.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see g/g between the scouts on two levels. This is my weird explination.

Silver Millenia: I believe, in this point, that the senshi were in a way... specially bred, if you will, only to love their princess. Therefor, if they wouldn't go for their princess, the would go for the next closest thing. Are you following? I believe that to be one reason why Haruka and Michiru are together, and why Rei and Minako's relationship had left not too much left explored. Granted, the Inner Senshi fell in love with Endymion's inner guard, but I never said they were full-out lesbians. I think back then, though, that Usagi and Mamoru were perfect for eachother.

Modern Time: I think this is the most likely time that one of the senshi may fall in love with Usagi. Though this _is_ the time I usually use to pair them off with people from other stories (such as LotR [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ). Usagi and Mamoru don't have as strong of a relationship at this time, which is why this is my primary cross-over time.

<3
    loon

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that g&g relationships worked in SM. Amara and Michelle certainly had shown that even though the anime said that they're cousins... Personally, I have never written fics featuring g&g relationships, I know many others have. I think that the inner scouts relationships work beyond the context of just friendship because they draw strength, courage and determination through each other.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

actually, in the anime "amara" and "michelle" were lesbians but when their relationship changed on the way overseas if you get my drift. seems our "accepting" society still doesn't want to show g/g relationships on t.v. *hmph* bunch of hypocrites.

The only reason I object to usagi/scout fanfics is because i can't see the scouts having anything but platonic or sisterly love for usagi. to me, they all seem like sisters. of course, i haven't read all of the manga so i don't know how their relationships are in that (i only read the first season which is when they first meet so their relationship wasn't too obvious to me, and stars where they pretty much all die in the first or second volume), but in the anime, i don't see them having romantic love for usagi or each other. plus the fact that in the anime, all the inners are so obviously heterosexual. (then again, rei would be caught dead fawning over some guy in the manga so i really can't judge just from anime.)

i know this is really OT, but has anyone watched "Scrapped Princess"? I just finished it and I highly recommend it. xP