Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, there's one for Sailor M<oon, so why not for Lord of the Rings.

One thing that really bugs me through the commentary is when they're explaining the qualaties of the elves. Inhanced sences, don't feel the extrremes ect and tyhen they come to Telepathic. Thgat is really iritating. Since when are elves telepthic? Yes, i realise Galadriel is, but sahe has a Ring. They say it everytime! grr

Feel free to addyour own complaints. I immagine there will be a fair few

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the Noldor elves are able to have a gift such as being telepathic. *shrugs* It's all up to the Valar and Eru himself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm assuming you mean in the movie? But I don't really know what commentary you're talking about...

Yah, I was under the impression that PJ made Galadriel and Elrond able to communicate telepathically because of the Rings, but it was only them (and Gandy?). I don't remember ever finding anything from Tolkien regarding telepathy... but I haven't read nearly all the things he wrote, so that's not saying much.

O! You know what part of RotK *REALLY* annoys me? I mean, more than the bye-bye Sam thing and all that? During Aragorn's coronation, when everyone bows to the hobbits, the camera zooms in on Frodo alone. Now, I understand he's the ringbearer and I love Frodo dearly. But I felt outraged by that one shot. Because Sam shared that burden, even if only carrying the Ring for a short while, and made the mission possible and a success.

In the book, the hobbits are kinda separte after all their different adventures: Frodo and Sam are naturally closer to each other than they are to Merry and Pip (because they shared all the same experiences) and vis versa. I thought it was cool how PJ made the four hobbits as a whole closer, honored together, sharing memories in the pub (in place of the Scourging), etc. But why why that one shot? He didn't have to dissolve the closeness of Frodo and Sam in Gondor completely!!!

And don't even get me started on Sam's lack-of-ticket to Valinor.... *FUME* :: glares at extended ::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About the movies, I got into an argument with my friend who thought that Viggo did not make a good Aragorn. Seriously! I mean Viggo brings out the character of Aragorn and you see that he is so dedicated to the part. I don't think Stuart Townsend could have done that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Callisto Star:
    And don't even get me started on Sam's lack-of-ticket to Valinor.... *FUME* :: glares at extended ::
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Never fear, Calli chan! It WILLbe in the extended!... if they didn't rewrite. A while ago there was a link to the last two pages pof the script. It was a lovely ending, despite the fact thewy had Arwen dying in Rivendell, rather than Cerin Amroth! Grrr.

Another thing that gets me miffed, and i know i'm not the only one. Where were the Dunadain? Halbarad? The twins? And the knigfhts of Dol Amroth? Imrahil! They left out Imrahil GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. He was and always be my favourite non movie Human. You go drool over your hobbits and elves. Grr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Eyes_of_Pearl:
    I don't think Stuart Townsend could have done that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or Russel Crowe for that matter. [img]wink.gif[/img] And I'm very excited to see Viggo's new movie "Hidalgo". It looks *really* good!

Loopy, you mean that the EE is going beyond the Grey Havens scene?!?! I dunno... not so sure I see that as a good thing. I was v happy the Arwen Aragorn story's ending was foretold in TTT, and I think that's enough. I really hope they keep it how it is and just end with Sam coming home... adding in that he's been given the invite to Valinor. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My ECCO teacher I shadow under got to see Hidalgo last week for a screening. Says that it is really good. I'm just going to see it because of the horses, I love horses.

It's good that they're going to add Sam going to Valinor. My mom was complaining that they didn't show what happened to Legolas and Gimli, which she didn't like. I just didn't like how they didn't show everything and only hope that what they didn't show in the Theatre version they'll show in the Extended Version. (Which if I'm right comes out November 16. Don't know if I'm up for a five hour movie marathon.)

I didn't like how they made Arwen into a huge part. But most everyone doesn't like that, so that's not much of a dormant complaint.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey! I'm obsessed with a non-movie, elf...too, y'know!

I wonder if they're going to show the Easterlings in the Extended Cut...Because I noticed that there were no Easterlings fighting in the battle of the Pelennor Fields.

I like the idea how Arwen becomes a semi-major character because they show a romance of them throughout the whole trilogy, and showing Tolkien's effort into making a romance part to his war book is excellent.
    Sure there's Eowyn and Faramir, but we don't see their romance until, what? The third book?

I've been wondering where Aragorn got that Gondor arm...brace..or something, then I found out that he takes Boromir's in a remembrance of him.

Something's also bugging me. How come Christopher Lee wasn't in the credits or his picture was not drawn? I'm starting to have small doubts if CL will be in the Extended Cut, I mean...they showed a picture of Boromir and Sean Bean was in the credits, but he played no part...yeah he had a 3 second cameo but...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i thought viggo was PERFECT for the part of aragorn. he could pull off the living-in-the-wild-huntsman thing AND he could pull of the noble-wise-king. the ONE thing i dislike about viggo is his voice. it's very nasally. when he tells boromir that no one can weild the ring besides sauron? he sounded very whiny.

HOWEVER, that was all made up for when he opened the doors helm's deep with his hair sopping wet and covering his eyes. AHH!!! that was the hottest scene ever. i kept rewinding and replaying. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well this is not a rant but more of a congratulations because lotr: return of the king pulled in 3 awards at the golden globes.

Congratulations to Peter Jackson on his win for best director and also lotr won 2 in the music category!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast