Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hiya. As they title says I think I am the first person to see D.C...it was great!!!!
    I went on wednesday to the matinee. I had to get up at 6.30 to catch the train to london, I dragged my parents and my sister up there but I don't think they minded. I don't go up to london much but I love it, we went into Foyles book shop and I saw the actress Joanna Lumley, I also found the Royal Ballet School and as I walked passed it the actor Robert Lindsay came round the corner and smiled at us and then when we were getting the tube back I walked right infront of Duncan from that boy band...I can not remember what it's called...I don't like him I know that. So quite a few stars spotted!
    Anyway, back to D.C. Bob Martin (The man in the chair) was so funny, he was a great actor and really clever. But without a doubt John was the highlight of the show! His entrance was brilliant, I love the way he came out of the fridge and sauntered down the stage, he totally lit it up!! He was so great in it, and he was such a fantastic tap dancer! His routine was so fast and he danced it with such sharpness and energy!!! It was also great when he roller bladed blind folded. I think he did a fantastic job and he really suited the roll of Robert! At the end of the show, as soon as the curtain went down I ran all the way down two flights of steps and round to the stage door to wait for him...I have to admit I was very nervous though I don't know why. I waited, with my sister...I think she is writing a message right now about meeting him...and after about five or ten minutes he came out. He was so so sweet, i know people have said he was nice but he was just so lovely. I asked him if he could sign my programme and he said yes ofcourse and when he asked my name he said 'Oh. Hello'. I do not know if he recognised it from this message board as just before I left he said 'Thank you for writing.'?!? Anyway, then he signed my sister's programme and I had my photo taken with him. He was so sweet because he asked if it was a decent picture as he did not want me to have a bad one! I thanked him for sparing the time and just before I went to go he hugged me..that was so nice of him! It was like a proper big hug as well. He also said 'Take care and see you soon.' I then went across the road and just as I turned I saw him go across the road and into a restaraunt, he was walking hand in hand with his boyfriend..he looked so happy it was adorable. (By the way my sister thinks she noticed that he had a wedding/civil partnershp ring on..is he married to his partner?) I can not explain how lovely he was. He also looked so smart and clean, he had a lovely green zip up on with creamish suitish trousers. I really really want to see him again but I don't have the money, I'm going to save though...just incase. I've never had a 'Best day of my life' kind of day but that wednesday was faultless...except that I shut my hand in the undergound tube door! But apart from that!
    I hope everybody who goes loves the show as much as I did!
    All my love
    x x x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to say that if i can figure out how to scan stuff then I'll post the two pictures that I got and his autograph.

P.s It was also funny when John opened the programme and almost signed the wrong picture, he grinned and said 'That's not me. Hang on, I'll find it in a minute.' (He's just so nice!)

P.p.s Rerina, I'm sorry about not getting your e-mail until after I went so I could not do what you asked me to.
    All my love
    x x x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hi Evie. I'm so pleased for you that you had such a wonderful trip and a great encounter with John. It would be lovely to see the photos. If you have them saved on your PC, Enessis is always happy to host them and post them here and also on her website if you e-mail them to her. Kate - hope you are OK with me mentionning this.
    What were your seats like? I am going on Thursday with a Whatsonstage outing and wont get my seats allocated till I get there so I'm a bit concerned about the view of the stage.
    BTW John has been wearing a wedding band for many years now. He actually wears one on each hand. And aren't they beautiful hands! Oh I'm getting into drool mode now, time to go...
    Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Debra.
    I don't have then on my PC, well, I don't actually have a PC, i use the ones at the library. But I will try and figure out how to get them on to here..I hope.
    Our seats were really good, we were on the front row, in the middle, of the grand circle. I could see him really clearly! Though I have to admit there was not much leg room.
    That's interesting to know about his rings, thank yuo for that. He looked very happy with whoever his partner was!
    Don't worry, i know what you mean about the hands. The whole of John is lovely! His hands, his beautiful green eyes, his wonderful smile and his charming personality with fantastic fashion sense! He is just..brilliant!
    Take care, hope you enjoy the show!
    All my love
    x x x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I'm sorry I'm not around much but I do read everything and I'd be happy to post some new Johnny photos. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Evie-May - everything you wrote sounds wonderful.

thegiant

Your experience sounds lovely! Love to hear that John still has lays down his charm with his fans. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Anbody else seen it?? Wish I could....one day I'll see him live...one day....

KelliM

I know what you mean, Debra, I didn't know what to expect from the show & I was pleasantly surprised - it's very different from the typical show. I don't know if it's a show I could go to see again & enjoy now knowing the way it plays out - the surprises would no longer be surprises. Although, I bet like with most other shows I've seen more than once, I'd probably pick up on something I missed before. But, given the cost of a ticket in NYC (cheap seats with original cast = $125) - it's not a show I'm likely to repeat seeing; unless there's a national tour.

No matter how many times I see Rent; however, I still discover something (ah, Rent - love it live! ... feeling the need to see it again). I always look forward to hearing the person who sings the one thousand kisses song - they are always the most amazing singer in the show.

Patti

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw the show last night with a theatregoers group outing. Despite lots of research, listening to the soundtrack hundreds of times etc., I was still really surprised by this show as it's so different from anything else I have seen. That said, it's very clever, funny, poignant and uplifting and an absolute delight to watch and, because of the intimacy of the theatre and the storyline, be part of.
    John's performance is outstanding in all aspects but for me the highlight was the tap dancing which is very much in a Fred Astaire/Gene Kelly style.
    I met two very nice ladies at the after show cast reception, neither of whom knew anything about John and both were really taken with him and thought him extremely talented.
    I was able to chat with John for some time at the reception and he told me that his website will be up and running by the end of June and that he will let us know when it is launched. It sounds very exciting.
    John said that the show is still undergoing small changes so my challenge to myself is to see what I can spot is different when I next go on June 4th! I am a bit worried what my daughters will think of it as it is not at all what they are used to. I think the strangest thing is the amount of dialogue, rather than singing, which makes it feel more like a play with singing and dancing than a musical. I will let you know what they think of it.
    Have a great weekend.
    Debra x