Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Statement on GC-PV

First, I hope that Quincy's brother is doing well. We're praying for you, your brothar and your whole family man.

Secondly, I thought both teams played their hearts out at Bullitt Park last night. Congrats to the Vikings on the win. Last night your were the better team. My hats off to you guys. Hope we get another shot at you guys. It would sure be worth the cost of a ticket to come watch.

Thirdly, I've sat through many a high school football, basketball, softball, baseball etc. game and track meets and have been mostly treated with great respect wherever I gone. There have been a few instances where some pretty nasty comments were made to me. One was when my nephew was on the field playing football against my old alma mater and I just went over in the 3rd quarter to say hello to a bunch of people that I had not ssen in years. (I've done this for years every time we play my alma mater at my old house, ehich is still very dear to me). My nephew was having a great game as a running back and as usual most everyone was very cordial and nice. I wasn't paying any attention to the game and he evidently had a good run and I had 4 guys come up to me and tell me to get back on my own side with my (several expletives) friends and stay. I just said sure, turned and walked away and that was the end of it. Although I was stunned at these peoples' actions, I never let it get to me. I still realized that this was just a game with all of our kids on the field. Our team won that night pretty decisively, but the classiest thing that happened was that the opposing teams coach was the first to come to my nephew , my brothewr and me and congratulate us. Saying all that, it takes a bigger man to walk away from a petty few words said in the heat of the moment than for a man to let the actions of others let a poor attitude arise within himnself because he handled the situation wrong. The worst part of what happens when we act like little kids is that we're teaching our kids to act the same way. Come on guys, it's time we all grew up a little. Remember, those same little ears that we're training to take care of us in our latter years are being trained by what we say and do, even on this board. Have a great day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you could have used an extra year of high school given your behavior here. I'm fairly new to this forum, and I've read several posts where you lambaste GC people and I can't for the life of me see where you think you've got any reason to act/write the way you do. How can you chastise others when you stoop to their level? If people give you a hard time, take the high road. Why lower yourself? Powell Valley won last night's football game. Great for them and great for you as a spectator. Enjoy the moment, but give the rest of us a break from your gloating.
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Again, I could give a rat's ass what you think about me.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you triodevil.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789