Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: This Forum

What a bunch of drama queens in Pound, their male athletes and especially the coaching staffs within their athletic programs!

*the end of the Pound - Burton varsity game, 'nuff said

*this soap opera last night

*don't know if it's true, but a coach running his mouth towards a Gate City coach while shaking hands after last years football game

*Jack Hamilton threatening Gate City's coach during the basketball game in which the McMurray kid set that state record.

That's the only ones I know of, and I don't even keep up with it! I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of other incidents that others may want to share.

Here's one LPD fan hoping that when J.J. Kelly gets their first district win in varsity football to break the streak, that it comes against the Pound Wildcats! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i heard that pounds jv team quit before half time tonight is that true

[/ QUOTE ]

Before halftime? Hell, at least the varsity plays at least the first half before they quit up there at 8 ounces! Maybe the JV is starting a new trend HAHAHA!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Dang, I'm not sure I'll have enough time to type up my prediction of the Clintwood-8 Ounce game next week. 8 Ounces just gives you so much dang good material, you don't know what to leave out! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

TO BE THE MAN YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!!!

YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All of this bashing really needs to stop. What is the point. Wise played 11th graders, legal or not that's wrong! Now I can almost say for a fact that if Pound was to bring Dakota Cantrell over to play with them who is a Freshman and plays on Varsity, that everyone on this board would be freaking out. Anyways, that's not even the point. The point is that Pound had 8th, and 9th graders playing last night and Wise had 3 11th graders. And everyone is bashing Pound for quiting at halftime. Ok can you honestly sit here and say that if you were a parent that you would let your 8th grade son play against and 11th grader, I don't think so.

This is something I'll never get as long as I live. How people can label schools, when their school is doing the same thing, if not soemthing worse. This forum has become pathetic here lately on all of this crap that is being posted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

amen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IMO i think that the game shoulda went on... whether or not wise had players in 11th grade playing. Its a good experience for the kids to get to play tougher competition anyways. I think that everyone is overreacting, especially on this board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

amen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Wise played 11th graders, legal or not that's wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wouldn't say that it is wrong. I would question the motivation. Now, if those kids are first year players, and do not receive PT in Varsity I do not see a problem with it.

Unfortunately, JJK just does not have many kids on varsity who can compete. I am sure the kids on the bench need the opportunity to play, and learn the game in game situations. Something most of them do not have the ability to do on varsity, mainly because they would get hurt. That is the reason they have JV teams. To allow your younger, less experience kids the opportunity to play, and learn the game at a lower level.

If I had an 8th grade son, and he could play, I wouldn't have a problem with him playing against an 11th grader if that 11th grader was lacking in skill, and learning the game as well. I don't believe we are talking about JJK throwing ringers out there to try and win the game.

I mean, with that understanding, should parents not want their freshman child to play against a senior when both are on varsity. To me, that's pretty much six one way, a half a dozen the other.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guys, this has been done in various sports by every program in the league. Last night was no worse than Pound bringing 6-7th graders over to Wise to play Wise's 4-5th grade p-nut teams. It works both ways, so let's not try to sugar coat it.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that everyone is over-reacting, but doesn't it seem like everything is being thrown on Pound. And now we are being labeled by everyone on this forum, it's so stupid. Me perosnally, I could care less if they played 11th graders, espically from Wise, because if they aren't good enough to get any playing time on the varsity levels as 11th graders then they shouldn't have had that big of an impact on a JV game. But it's still wrong. However, you are gonna have some that see it differently, and now we are being labeled. Pathetic!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That may very well be one of the more ignorant posts that I have seen on here. That's ok friends from Pound: I know you all aren't like that [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast