Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UT Recruiting Problem

UT Recruiting Problem

Reports out of Knoxville seem to confirm that the Vols are having a problem signing linemen, to play on both sides of the ball.
    Two recent articles pointed to a problem with UT, losing offensive and some defensive line prospects to other programs.
    As of yet no comments have surfaced on why some of the Vols top line prospects have decided to go other routes.

Inactive Member imported_forrest's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: UT Recruiting Problem

seemed to be one of the biggest problems the last few years, lots of athletes but no meat up front on both sides.
    "It never got weird enough for me" HST

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They didn't need offensive linemen this year. They've gotten one of the top offensive linemen out of Michigan commited, in Darris Sawtelle who's grandpa Darris McCord was an All American at UT and played DT for the Lions in the NFL. They've also got Cody Pope who was a 4 star OT coming out of CA, who had to go to prep school to get one class take care of. They've got one of the top 15 DT's and 250 player in the country and number 2 rated player out of Maryland in Donald Langley. They've also got one of the top rising and most sought after players in William Brimfield out of South Carolina. They've also got a very good DE that UF wanted, Rufus Williams out of FL. If they're having trouble getting linemen with the guys above and still have the #2 rated (presently) class in the country, I'll take that any year. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If your source for UT recruiting is John Moorehouse from the Kingsport Times, you need better information. That guy likes to spin anything negative-Tennessee. Ironlung, you are right on as usual.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    They didn't need offensive linemen this year. They've gotten one of the top offensive linemen out of Michigan commited, in Darris Sawtelle who's grandpa Darris McCord was an All American at UT and played DT for the Lions in the NFL. They've also got Cody Pope who was a 4 star OT coming out of CA, who had to go to prep school to get one class take care of. They've got one of the top 15 DT's and 250 player in the country and number 2 rated player out of Maryland in Donald Langley. They've also got one of the top rising and most sought after players in William Brimfield out of South Carolina. They've also got a very good DE that UF wanted, Rufus Williams out of FL. If they're having trouble getting linemen with the guys above and still have the #2 rated (presently) class in the country, I'll take that any year. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to say the samething but ya beat me to it!!
    "When Giving Your Best Is Not Good Enough"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

as ussual you won't have to worry much about many of their players being from anywhere in the state of TN.....
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]

I just posted on what i was reading. Don't shoot the messenger. Another little article was it wasn't the one's the Vol's had, but they may not be deep enough, in the O line and D line. If they had injuries. I don't know i just posted it for Vol Fans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's because the state of Tennessee as a whole pretty much sucks at football at the HS level. Other than the area around Maryville, and Alcoa apparently no one in TN produces D1 talent for the most part.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They don't work hard enough or want it enough [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

True, they don't seem to want to work hard enough for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast