Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kevin Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    I really hate I missed this thread because I stated something like this on facebook after the Celtics/Magic game a couple of weeks ago.

I stated something like......"3 things I learned from tonights game. 1. Rajon Rondo is good, 2. Ray Allen is the best shooter in the NBA, 3. There is no bigger punk in the NBA than Kevin Garnett."

I get he is "competitive" but there is a difference in playing hard and being a "d ick". He is a d ick. The stuff with Villenuava (sp?) put it over the top for me. I didn't see the play with Frye until just now but man he is a douche
    Thats exactly how I feel. Theres a huge difference between being a fierce competitor and being a dirty player. DeJuan Blair plays very hard but he isnt dirty.

People accused Bruce Bowen of being the dirtiest player in the NBA yet he didnt do half the **** Garnett has gotten away with.

I hate when the NBA announcers try to play it off by calling him a great teammate. Being a great teammate does not make up for being the biggest a-hole in the NBA. It doesnt make it right or fair for Garnett to get away with this bull****, with the NBA and the media in general. The media just smooths this over and doesnt want to report on it because he plays for BAWSTAN and is a big star.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought this was an interesting read considering our topic:

Kobe Bryant defends Kevin GarnettEmail Print Comments72 By Dave McMenamin
    ESPNLosAngeles.com
    Archive
    BOSTON -- Kobe Bryant sat on the scorer's table at the TD Garden after the Los Angeles Lakers shootaround Thursday and peered out onto the Boston Celtics' patented parquet floor.

"This is a great environment," Bryant said. "This is one of the best in the league."

A half dozen hours before the Lakers would return to the arena for their game against the East-leading Celtics, Bryant reflected on how the rivalry has changed.

More on the Lakers
    For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

Bill Russell vs. Wilt Chamberlain gave way to Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson who gave way to Bryant vs. Kevin Garnett.

Garnett, whose sportsmanship has been called into question this season after an off-color remark he made about cancer to Detroit's Charlie Villanueva and a below-the-belt hit he had on Phoenix's Channing Frye, was defended by Bryant.

"He's a great guy," said Bryant, who entered the NBA right out of high school one year after Garnett ushered in a new era of preps to pros players to the league.

After playing on nine Western Conference All-Star games together from 1998-2007 and facing off in the playoffs only twice in that span when the Lakers beat the Minnesota Timberwolves in the first round in 2003 and the conference finals in 2004, Bryant has changed how he explains Garnett's actions.

"He's a Celtic," Bryant said with a smile. "That's what Celtics do."

What do the Celtics do exactly?

"It's Danny Ainge and Kurt [Rambis] getting clotheslined," Bryant said.

And what about the Lakers?

"We're the good guys," Bryant said.

Bryant and Garnett have faced each other in the Finals two out of the last three seasons with the teams splitting; the Celtics won in six games in 2008 and the Lakers won in seven games last June.

Bryant enjoys the chirping that goes on when the two teams meet.

"Trash talking is fine," Bryant said. "I love to talk. Paul [Pierce] likes to talk, KG likes to talk. I'm probably the only one on my team that likes to talk so I'll probably be jawing with all of them [Thursday night] ... It's fun."

Not only is it fun for Bryant, but it's a character trait of Garnett's that Bryant respects.

"He's always been intense," Bryant said. "He's not an [expletive] by any stretch of the imagination. He's just a good dude. He plays his heart out."

Kobe Bryant defends Kevin Garnett, calls Los Angeles Lakers 'the good guys' - ESPN Los Angeles
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well hell. If THE Kobe Bryant says he's a cool guy then he must be!

/sarcasm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I dont necessarily agree with Kobe, but he is also someone fans love to hate. I did like that he said stuff like that is what Celtics do.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a Celtics fan, I LOVE his intensity. He takes the game serious everytime he steps on the court. He has helped bring the C's back to the top of the league, so even with his ;dirty' tactics He's one of my favorite players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12