Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LPD teams in Madden!

And teams from other districts in our part of the state, too! This is a project I'm currently working on for the PC version of Madden 08. Since that was the last installment EA Sports released on PC, unfortunately there are no more recent versions of the game for me modify. If you do own this game on PC, though, I'll eventually be releasing all of the content so that you can add it into your version and be able to play with carbon copies of most of the teams in our area!

This isn't just a bunch of created teams I've slapped together with colors similar to the ones we know and love, either. I've actually obtained (and in some cases recreated) the original logos both on the helmets and fields to make it as realistic as possible. I've also researched the uniforms for each team during both Home and Away games to try and design the ones in the game to match them as closely as possible. Some teams even have alternate uniforms! I'm also going to try and re-create as many players as I possibly can to match the real rosters of both current and past teams. This is an ambitious project, but one I'm willing to put as much time into as I can.

Other teams I plan to import include:

• Bluefield Beavers (WV)
    • Graham G-Men
    • Haysi Tigers
    • Richlands Blue Tornado
    • Sullivan South Rebels (TN)
    • And more!

Let me know what you think. I know that since we're already past mid-2011 Madden 08 is old news, but I wanted to share this with you guys since I've never seen a recreation of teams taken quite this far in a video game. Thanks for your time, and enjoy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: LPD teams in Madden!

Chubz, that is awesome. That looks great. Lots of hard work put into that and was well worth your effort.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As always fantastic work Chubz..... Have you seen the new NCAA 12, in the RTG (Road to Glory) you can now play through your entire senior season and you can put in which teams you are going to play. You should make all the LPD teams on TeamBuilder if you had time. Anyway, excellent work, all looked absolutely amazing and spot on.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't play games like that hardly anymore, but that is pretty sweet.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    As always fantastic work Chubz..... Have you seen the new NCAA 12, in the RTG (Road to Glory) you can now play through your entire senior season and you can put in which teams you are going to play. You should make all the LPD teams on TeamBuilder if you had time. Anyway, excellent work, all looked absolutely amazing and spot on.
    One of the guys on Gmans page has about every Region D, C and IV teams created for it I think I read.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback, guys! It's much appreciated, especially after several hours spent getting everything just right. Below is a sneak peak at the Richlands team I just created. Like with the others, I've yet to implement the rosters; but I have set up the field to resemble Richlands's as much as possible.

mainapp2011072100103855th mainapp2011072100154358th mainapp2011072100110952th

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that! I was on the Team Builder website earlier and there are already many different created teams based on the ones around here ranging from varsity to the UVA-Wise Cavaliers! It sucks that if they've used custom logos you can't see the ones they designed, but it's awesome to see that there are so many other team creators out there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWVA-Football View Post
    Yeah, I saw that! I was on the Team Builder website earlier and there are already many different created teams based on the ones around here ranging from varsity to the UVA-Wise Cavaliers! It sucks that if they've used custom logos you can't see the ones they designed, but it's awesome to see that there are so many other team creators out there.
    I actually have made some teams on NCAA 12's TeamBuilder to create the new Union/Eastside/Central schools, along with Burton/Clintwood/Honaker/Gate City/Grundy. Some teams I couldn't find the EXACT logo via Google to use as a custom logo, so they're not 100% authentic (not exact unis/rosters/stadiums), but I've just had fun creating them and building concept uniforms based off of what they have to choose from within TeamBuilder--for instance, the main jersey scheme I used for Clintwood were the older Oregon jerseys that had the dimple pattern on top of the shoulders. Definitely not an exact replica, but I think they look good, nonetheless.

If anyone wants to download and take a gander, just search BTK-305-CANES for the Author, and download which teams you want. If you don't like it, you can simply delete it off and go create/download your own...but I hope you'll enjoy these. Oh--and these uniforms are searchable/downloadable for both X360 and PS3 versions of the game, which is good.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]