Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Virginia Tech-Really??

Lane Stadium.....Let's Go Hokies chanting on a cool September night.....Enter Sandman blares on the P.A...... Lane Stadium and the ground begins to shake....then out come the Hokies to a raucous crowd....and then you hear the loud boooooooos....as out from the visitors tunnel....comes the new big huge cross state rivals from Tennessee down the I-81....the Volunteers......yeah....just this thought makes the UVA - Tech rivalry looks little.....then the next week....maybe Bama....then Death Valley at LSU....then go between the hedges......tto Georgia...then The Swamp.....let's just say it.....Lane Stadium and its electric atmoshere??? 100% FDA SEC material........Tech may be ACC big dogs....but Virginia is a proud Southern state that loves its football.....and nothing says pride, passion and we love our football than the SEC. The money that would be generated for Tech?? In the words of Dairy Queen.....ReDQculous!
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree the VT/UT rivalry would become one of the better rivalries on their schedule, we all know that even though Vandy and UK are our rivals, there hasn't been much competition in the past 30 years.

VT is a perfect fit for the SEC IMO, they play excellent defense and the success of their offense will tell how many games they win. Very similar to many of the SEC teams. Their stadium is small when considered among SEC schools but they have a great fan base who travels well. The ACC is almost an embarassment, the ACC needs Miami and FSU to be great again to even make it into the talks as a decent league. But with the recent Miami stuff I imagine they are in for a few more rough years. If the SEC were to snag FSU and VT away from the ACC them it would become a complete joke.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, love to see VT in the SEC. that would be awesome. I have a buddy that went to VT and he said he would like to see them move into the SEC
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123