Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Union--Lee High

I had one hell of a time at this game! Best game ive been to in a long time. Lee high played tough but ran out of gas like was mentioned. Furthermore Coach Turner needs to realize that although Tyler Barker is big and strong he cant do it all on his own. 23 Michia Davis has the best ball carrier vision i have ever seen on a high school kid. He is nimble and quick and very deceptive with the ball in his hands. IMO he deserves to have the ball handed to him atleast 20 times a game and use Barker for tough yards and when they start to key in on Davis. Pass the damn ball. Nathan Baker can catch. get that kid the ball and let him take some pressure off the running game. As far as Defence goes. I was impressed with their ability to get in the back field on every single play. I was very very very dissapointed with the fact that they would get back there and then try to run over the running back and not Wrap UP! YOU CANT BULLDOZE EVERYONE! WRAP UP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was without a doubt, the most exciting game I have been to in several years. Lots of offense, which what a lot of people like. But, looking past the game itself, the fans were absolutely out of this world. It has been a long time coming and a lot of people hated to see it, but who'd a thunk that Appy and P.V. fans could come together like they have! I am guessing there were probably 5-6 thousand people there last night.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milk3 View Post
    Absolutely amazing game both teams played hard. I was so proud of the Bears the way they never gave up and played so hard. The backfield looked very good tonight and Nathan Baker was exceptional when the ball was thrown. I for one was very excited about being on the same side with the Appy people cheering for the same team. That was really great to me.
    too bad everyone doesn't feel this way. At the Burton game last night there was a couple people walking around with an Appy Dawg shirt on. I will assume in protest to the Union game and no Appy game to go watch last night
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    too bad everyone doesn't feel this way. At the Burton game last night there was a couple people walking around with an Appy Dawg shirt on. I will assume in protest to the Union game and no Appy game to go watch last night
    Sad to say, but I saw a few at the Union/Lee game last night that way, too. They were all "adult" and I use that term loosely. On another note, I saw a certain member of the BOS and SB member at the game last night too. They both looked like they had the "deer in the headlight look". I am willing to bet it has been a long time since they have been to a game, plus, I think they were frustrated too that they both have been proven wrong on the consolidation issue.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw a lady on the Lee High side sitting on a Powell Valley blanket, I told the guy I was with that I guess she figured it was safer bringing that over here. But I guess not having any more seats on the Union side may have had something to do with it too, haha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

to defend some people, I'm sure they cant afford to go out and buy new stuff to go to game's with. A blanked to sit on / cover up with is probably something we will see a lot. and caps with the old schools...... will take a few years for everything to flush out i think. but when you choose to go to a different ballgame that your school doesn't represent and wear your old school shirt says something. maybe I'm just reading more into it though but maybe not.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UnionFan, you're right on the money with not having Barker do it all. If we become too reliant on him, and he gets hurt, we may have a hard time producing offense elsewhere. Get the Davis and Smith kids 10 or 12 carries per game to alieviate the pressure on Barker. The poor kid was gassed by the fourth quarter and who wouldn't be after 32 carries. The coaching staff has got to do a better job of organizing the kids and giving them purpose on every play. I question whether the defense actually knew their assignments on some plays. Also, the botched two point conversion at the end had only 10 of our guys on the field AFTER we called a time out. The game was generally well called by the coaches, but there were too many errors in the game by Union that will prevent us from beating the best teams on the schedule. It'll truly take a gargantuan effort to beat Richlands, but it's possible I suppose. I dont think that many people realize how big that win was last night for Union. In my mind, that game determined whether they'd have the opportunity to go to the playoffs. The Lee High game historically had that make or break quality for powell valley over the last several seasons. I'm relieved, but also excited. Now, on to Richlands!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Two things are in Union's favor next week. One is the lessons learned at Lee for the players and the coaches. Two is unfortunatley Devon Johnson for Richlands (D1 runnign back and DBack) got a serious injury last night with a chipped bone in his knee.
    I hope Travis Turner learned last night that he needs to change his schemes a little bit like you said and that he needs to bust the defence's ass this week on wraping up when they make a hit.
    Oh and most of all, the biggest factor goin into next week is the wave of fans! I was very impressed with the fans last night. I hope it carries on for the rest of this season and into seasons to come.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

O and about what was said aout people wearing the old schools stuff i want out of protest{dunno about norton} but at the lee game i know some of e people that was wearing it and it was about money my gf had my appy hoodie around her waist i for one cannot afford 50 bucks for a hoodie up at danny's i'm for union 100% and on the crowds i would prob say they will be the same if not bigger its amazing how we have all pulled together

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope, it was the young adults, it was the older ones who have been very animated in their disgust for consolidation. Besides, could they were something neutral if they couldn't afford the shirts, or hoodies? I couldn't afford the shirts either, my wife wore a Union shirt, I didn't so I wore a neutral shirt. Nah, this was definately a "protest" on their part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast