Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in . . .

third place in the district. Additionally, Central is looking more formidable after winning against Lee Co and is not an automatic win. I'm not really confident in this body of work to this point. Losing to a down Clintwood team was absolutely disasterous and unacceptable. Both Powell Valley and Appalachia spent the last several years building to this point, talentwise and anything less than an LPD championship and a 3 deep playoff run is not cutting the mustard. Several points to make on this subject:

1) Barker is a 1 in 8 year back. He's powerful and talented. We lose him after this season, thus making competitiveness all the more difficult to establish this last year.
    2) We lose Orr on the offensive line who is the most dominant offensive lineman.
    3) We'll have to break in a new quarterback as Huff (a four year starter) will also be gone.
    4) This offense we run makes it much more difficult to establish a power running game. We need to get the power I back and give Barker and Davis lead blockers.
    5) Not only did we lose but we blew away a twenty point lead . . . a twenty point lead! Totally unacceptable and should not happen. This means that we made no adjustments at halftime. Mullins absolutely and completely outcoached us to get his troops back into the game in the second half to score about 24 unanswered points. And did I mention that we had twice the talent of this clintwood team?

As hard as our remaining schedule is, I see possible losses against Sullivan North, Burton, Gate City. Next year with the loss of talent that we're about to experience, the best I see is a 3-7 to 4-6 kinda season. We, a school with 650 kids, just lost to a school with 290 kids who fielded the worst team they've had in probably 5 or 6 seasons.

We are fundamentally unsound in some really problematic areas, and it's starting to show. I'll be interested to see which team shows up against North. With all our talent, anything less than an 8-2 overall record and an undefeated LPD record is unacceptable.
    Last edited by lpd_observer; October 3rd, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in .

you dont fire a coach after one year, thats asinine. im not saying im totally sold on the coaching staff, but one season a coach does not make
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    you dont fire a coach after one year, thats asinine. im not saying im totally sold on the coaching staff, but one season a coach does not make
    I agree You have to give the man a chance to grow into the position......It has to be tough to follow a HOF head coach especially when your dad was a HOF coach himself.......I think so long as he can continue to get the community behind the team and sell the kids on his system he will have success

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Show of hands- let this moron coach a game.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You actually think theres some wealth of talent on that team? The past 10 years have been the biggest dry spells of talent ever for those 2 towns. Fact of the matter is that that."down Clintwood team" is still far more talented and just better.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And they're two two play away from being 5-0.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I told people that he wasn't a good coach but nobody would listen. I've known him since he was born.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post

And 3 plays away from being 1-4.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Says more about how bad the area is overall than anything. Also, theyd have needed more than 3 plays to beat Clintwood alone. Clintwood could have scored again easily at the end of the game and ran the clock out.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

loosing barker wont hurt us as bad as people may think. In all honesty Mikia Davis is a better running back. 23 has put up more yards, tds, and is more of a threat than 12. Barker is powerful and tough but he fumbles way too much. He had two fumbles against Lee (one of em on the goal line), one or two against Richlands, and two against Clintwood (one of which led to a Clintwood TD). He is strong but teams are stopping him. Mikia on the other hand is a true sophomore and is burning it up, plus next season Zac Barker should be our QB and he has a missle of an arm. As far as loosing Orr, thats no loss at all. 77 or 79 (cant remember which one exactly) took Evan off his feet three times that i seen in the Lee and Union game. Richlands pushed him around like a rag doll. And he didnt do anything against clintwood to block or make tackles. IMO our best lineman is Dakota Jesse or that number 66 who is a junior. Union will be a different type of offense next season (or should be) but IMO will be better.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast