Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Rodney Dangerfield of the LPD

Gets a bit of respect tonight. From the day these schools were consolidated,the kids from Central have heard how Union was going to not just beat them,but destroy them. Union has gotten the hype,gotten the airtime on the radio,while the young men from Central have heard nothing but how pitiful they were. All the while our kids kept their mouths shut and kept working on day by day...we get better and better. At some point it's put up or shutup time,and tonight the Central Warriors came up big. The much-maligned defense made some adjustments and shut Union down. After what these kids have been through (no team in this area has had the adversity that these kids have-from not only trying to get used to a new school,but losing their head coach and backbone in B.I),tonight was a testament in character Warriors. I simply could not be prouder of this group of young men.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Rodney Dangerfield of the LPD

It seems like ever since Union played Richlands so closely, they've developed a big-headed following and thought for sure nobody else would be able to play with them. I think playing so closely with Richlands was one of the worst things that could have happened to them. They're in a bad situation right now, for sure, and really need to show up and play hard next week to get past Burton. I expect a massive crowd at Bullitt Park and if the Raiders do topple the Bears, it's going to be absolutely phenomenal. Who would have ever thought before the season began that the super-hyped Union Bears would end up being ranked last in the LPD even behind Central? This has been one crazy back-and-forth season. The Cumberland is just a big mess, too, and I have no idea what's going to happen in the Clinch Mountain District with Lee High still showing that they're a dangerous team by clobbering John Battle tonight. I still think Lee will give Gate City a pretty good game. I'm just not sure what to think anymore.

EDIT: Union plays Gate City at Bullitt Park next week, not J.I. Burton.
    Officially retired

Inactive Member
    The Rodney Dangerfield of the LPD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Union doesn't play Norton next week. Norton goes to Johnson County Tn. I believe Union plays Gate City.
    Central Warriors The start of a new ERA!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Union doesn't play Norton next week. Norton goes to Johnson County Tn. I believe Union lays Gate City.
    Yep, you're exactly right! I could've sworn it was Burton at Bullitt Park.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure how Union got all the hype? I always thought the district was between JIB and Clintwood this year. Looks so far like Clintwood is the class of the district.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'm not sure how Union got all the hype? I always thought the district was between JIB and Clintwood this year. Looks so far like Clintwood is the class of the district.
    After Union's near miss vs Richlands folks were tabbing them as the LPD's elite. Even at the start of the season,Union received much more hype than Central

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    After Union's near miss vs Richlands folks were tabbing them as the LPD's elite. Even at the start of the season,Union received much more hype than Central
    Yep. The Richlands game really sealed the deal. I just felt like after they played so closely with them, they were being majorly hyped and even Clintwood and Burton were overshadowed. Remember that this was going down while Clintwood was being absolutely destroyed by powerhouse teams that would mop the floor with anything we have to offer and Burton was racking up wins over less-than-stellar competition. At the time, it was just a huge game for Union. Since then, things have changed considerably!
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are very lucky that Johnson didn't play offense in that game.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

: Union at Clintwood

quote icon Originally Posted by Trenchman viewpost right
    Union by 40 Clintwood takes another beat down. Bring on the Raiders, Warriors, so we can beatch slap them, and give us that LPD Crown

ahhhhh...memories lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Central had a lot of success rushing in the 2nd half, as did Union. Not a lot of score but both teams moved the ball almost at will on the ground. Central completed a huge pass on 2nd and eternity, but it was the only pass I saw them complete after halftime. UHS did not do much better, completing a much shorter pass on a third and long.

UHS had a chance to tie under two and a half minutes left but the 2pt conversion play was a disaster. I have no idea what they were trying to do, a QB sweep or a rollout pass fuck if I know.

Just ugh. Central is not a terrible team, but this is game Union should have won. But it was won on excitement to play and being focused and energized, not talent level. UHS looked dead after the half (AGAIN) and Central was fired up. That made quite a difference. UHS may have pulled this one off at home (not because of bad officiating or whatever, just because its easier to win at home) but you cant get on the road, miss two 2pt conversions, turn the ball over inside the 10 on downs and win.

GC comes to town next week, I dont know what to expect. Beat VHS, lose to Central; play Richlands close, play close with Lebanon. I have no idea what to expect out of that team, and that is not a positive.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast