Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Galax, State Championship Predictions

Sorry as an educated fan and NO relation to the fake sports journalist that made Galax look unintelligent in this post! I preferred to use apprehensive rather than suspicious officiating, I will not take credit for making up apprehensive, a word that already exist in today’s society? Not sure how that makes someone look like an idiot when I am just posting the fact that the game film was sent in. Please refer to my previous post when I stated ‘the last 1:30 was some of the most exciting football I have ever witnessed’. I agreed it was an amazing game between two great football teams. Not trying to come off unsportsmanlike, this blog was full of Clintwood fans and when people start downing your team, their quality, and toughness you defend plain and simple. I would expect anyone of you to do the same if the roles were reversed. As for the rest of Galax handling this game with class yes we did but ask anyone who was there how they feel. My feelings are mutual throughout the town, especially the last no call pass interference! I had fun talking the game up before and unfortunately could not boast after. Of course I was singled out because I was one of 2 Galax fans on this entire forum. It was a fun run and one heck of a game that I will never forget.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dude seems surprised that there are so many Clintwood fans on here and not so many from Galax...lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey bro from Gaylax, get over it, yall had your chance to win and didnt take it. Got that arse beat by a back up qb. Yeah ill take up for clintwood fans. I remember when gretna moaned over a "no call" pass interference, these teams up the road cant handle getting beat by old school football. Yeah its simple and we will tell you where its going but we promise you wont stop it. Go SWVA!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for posting so late on this game. Had to leave 3 days after the championship match on some overseas duty. What a game...it was a nail-biter right down to the last play...was not sure we were going to pull this off! Hat's off to the Galax players;they played much better than I thought they would against our "D." I think the coach of Galax summary provided the best pre-game analysis (see below) by far. My post-game review is that the teams were mostly even but Galax just simply got out coached at key times (pass play, fake punts it the perfect time and executed perfectly, too..etc). I can see why our coach was COY, he deserved it and was the difference in that game, hands down. Galax obviously has some great athletes from what I can read, now that I'm back. They boys teams were runner-up in football, won 2nd basketball championship in a row, won state championship in baseball and state golf championship, all this year....not bad. Their quarterback was a starter on the basketball and baseball too. I'd be surprised to see that done again at many single A schools. They had a lot of key seniors leave their football team, therefore I don't think they will make it out of districts this coming year;Greenwave has another good shot again in 2012-12...go wave! I did see where they are building a new wieght and sports facility for their sports program....so they might be investing in the future and I hope we get shots at them in the not so distant future. They seem like a close-knit community too.

Quote Originally Posted by homerun15 View Post
    Thought I would post what Galax coach Mark Dixon stated in an interview yesterday:

This state championship will be settled between two solid, athletic, well-coached, well-rounded football teams. One just happens to be bigger than it is fast, and the other happens to be faster than it is big.

?There are two misconceptions, I think,? said Galax coach Mark Dixon. ?Number one is that they don?t have speed, and number two is that you can wear us down. Those are the two things that I hear that I think are the most erroneous. They?re not going to wear us down and we?re not going to outrun them. I don?t see either thing happening. I think we?ll hang in there fine and I think they can cover anything we do. It?ll just come down to who plays better.

?The thing that strikes me first is how good they are defensively,? he said. ?From reading about them I assumed that we?d be able to throw the ball, but it just doesn?t look like it?s there. They have good enough speed, especially at the corners, to cover our guys. And I don?t think it?s realistic to think we can pound it at them 25 or 30 times and average enough per run to keep their offense off the field.?

?I keep looking for an area to attack, but he?s such a good coach,? Dixon said. ?He has his defense set up where his personnel matches up well. Any area you think you can go he?ll have somebody behind him who?s a stud.?

?I feel more pressure here than at any level I?ve ever played,? said the former Miami Dolphin. ?I feel responsible for kids who have given me everything they have for two years, every day. There?s a ton of pressure not to let them down. I owe them the best I?ve got this Saturday.?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the best team won,we gave 14 points up early,then we scored,it could been alot worse score than what it was,but when you play state championship,best 2teams were there,i was at the game,hats off to Galax ,but there it was no pass interference in that last play,ball was over thrown,wave played alot better teams to get to state,#2George Wyth,#1Sussex Centreal,play better teams make you better,i got the film of all games..gooo SWVA teams

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789