Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My track record on trades

is spotty to say the least (yes Stripes, I remember my McNabb proclamation), but I think the Clippers are making a huge mistake here.

Clippers are giving up Eric Gordon (20 ppg scorer), Chris Kaman (im not a fan, but he averages a double double), Al-Faroq Aminu (not a fan either) and Minnesota's 2012 first rounder for CPIII.

Paul said he will not opt out after this season, but he will still be a free agent in two years and will never reup for LAC. The Clips are giving up a potential All-Star, a double double guy who is one of the few true centers in the league, a decent prospect and a #1 pick for Paul, whom I believe is the best PG in the NBA.

The Clips also just signed Chauncey Billups, a high-priced, older veteran and Caron Butler, a solid starter but not a star and def. not the 2 guard they needed. They also have Mo Williams, a starter at PG in the NBA before. Three 1's?? WTF are they gonna do??

Who will play the 2 for them now? Theres no way you can have Chauncey and Paul on the court at the same time, and Butler does not have the skills to play the 2. They have an abundance of 3 forwards, like Butler, Griffin, Travis Leslie, etc.. but no 2s
    Is Eric Bledsoe the solution? HE has been projected as a 1 ever since he declared at UK.

So LAC has four potential starting PGs on their roster, but not one single capable 2.

The lineup will look something like:
    Point-Paul
    2 guard-Bledsoe
    3-Caron Butler
    4-Blake Griffin
    5-Deandre Jordan

I dont like it because I felt like LAC had the potential to make a playoff push w/o Paul, and their team isnt exponentially better with him, because of the roster holes.

No doubt they move a PG (LAL, are you listening? Mo Williams would fit well on that team, and he is familiar with Mike Brown's style) but what two could they get? Jason Richardson?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: My track record on trades

What McNabb proclamation......
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08