Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Broncos stun Steelers

And perhaps the most ironic thing about the game was the number of yards passing Tebow had. Guess since he takes
    so much heat for his Christian values that it was poetic justice that he had 316 yards passing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Broncos stun Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdoubledribble View Post
    Guess since he takes so much heat for his Christian values that it was poetic justice that he had 316 yards passing.
    How? It makes him the second coming of Christ? Did it also make Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck the second coming when they threw for 316 this year? And how does the quote "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." have anything to do with Tebow? How about all the other Christians playing the game? Too bad they didn't get 316 tackles in a game, 316 yards receiving, 316 yards rushing, 316 sacks, 316 pass deflections, 316 INT's, 316 TD's. NONSENSE.

BTW... before someone else posts this lie, someone is already spreading that all of the officials for the game were named Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. This is a lie and was none of the officials names so DO NOT POST THAT IT WAS.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't see any problem with the OP's statement?

He says a players takes heat for (insert reason here) this player has some pretty good numbers and hushes some critics (for a few minutes).

I don't follow football much anymore and I don't care much about the Broncos either way, but

First people said he wouldn't be drafted as a QB....wrong

Then people said he would never start a game......wrong

Then people said he would never win a game.....wrong

Then people said he would never get them into the playoffs.....wrong

Then people said he would never win a plyoff game....wrong

In the end haters goin' hate though
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    It was nothing against the O.P. What he posted was pretty tame compared to something I read on another board before coming here. I guess I was still venting from what I read there when I came here. I just don't know how someone makes that leap from passing for 316 yards to it being some kind of devine intervention reference. Which bible quote matched up with him throwing for 60 yards a few weeks ago?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He says a players takes heat for (insert reason here) this player has some pretty good numbers and hushes some critics (for a few minutes).

I don't follow football much anymore and I don't care much about the Broncos either way, but

First people said he wouldn't be drafted as a QB....wrong

Then people said he would never start a game......wrong

Then people said he would never win a game.....wrong

Then people said he would never get them into the playoffs.....wrong

Then people said he would never win a plyoff game....wrong

In the end haters goin' hate though
    Goes back way before that. They said he couldnt play qb in high school, he wouldnt win a state title, he wouldnt get a d1 scholarship, he wouldnt win a heisman, and he wouldnt win a national championship. But he has done all the above. Keep it up tebow, you might have the uglist release in the world but I dont care because you win, I dont care how you win, just win.as far as the 316 stuff it impresses me......just because a rushing team with a rushing qb put 300+ on the best defense in the nfl.

Inactive Member Mrdoubledribble's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For clarification purposes for those who misinerpreted my original post, I thought it was funny that Tebow had that many yards passing in reference to his critics. In no way was I making any inference that divine intervention was involved. Divine intervention was when Franco Harris caught that deflected pass and scored years ago. Next time I post something, perhaps I should include a disclaimer......................

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That "best defense in the NFL" is a misnomer as well. Look how many pieces were missing out of said defense yesterday: both DT's (Kiesel/Hampton) got hurt during the game and went out, Woodley was in and out of the lineup with injuries, and Ryan Clark didn't even get to suit up due to sickle cell anemia. 4 out of 11 starters is a large chunk to take away from even the "best defense in the NFL".

That being said, Tom Brady (aka God's nephew) will have something waiting for Teebus and his crew next week when they roll into Foxboro. I have an extreme hatred for the Patriots and Belichek, but for a team like Denver to win with a QB playing that fugly of a game is a disgrace to QB play in the NFL. I'll be glad when all that nonsense gets stopped cold.

I did find out that the Steelers are making a few moves in the secondary for next year, though. They're firing all of their starting DB's except for Polamalu. The 3 open slots will be handed over to 3 free agents named Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Apparently, they share Teebus' faith, and are adept at recovering well when burnt in pass coverage.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdoubledribble View Post
    For clarification purposes for those who misinerpreted my original post, I thought it was funny that Tebow had that many yards passing in reference to his critics. In no way was I making any inference that divine intervention was involved. Divine intervention was when Franco Harris caught that deflected pass and scored years ago. Next time I post something, perhaps I should include a disclaimer......................
    Again dont take what I said personally. You did nothing wrong. I was still agitated after reading how God was working through Tebow in that game on another board. If God has such a vested interest in football someone ask him why he let a pedophile sodomize at least 20 kids at Penn State. Maybe he's an Ohio State fan.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post

That being said, Tom Brady (aka God's nephew) will have something waiting for Teebus and his crew next week when they roll into Foxboro. I have an extreme hatred for the Patriots and Belichek, but for a team like Denver to win with a QB playing that fugly of a game is a disgrace to QB play in the NFL. I'll be glad when all that nonsense gets stopped cold.
    Anybody outside of the Greater Boston area who would pull for the Pats against Tebow and the Broncos should seek psychological counseling forthwith.

Or an exorcism
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anybody outside of the Greater Boston area who would pull for the Pats against Tebow and the Broncos should seek psychological counseling forthwith.

Or an exorcism
    Don't get me wrong--I hate Brady (anyone ever think he kind of looks like Ed Grimley?) and Belichek just as much as the next guy, but all of the holy-roller stuff affiliated with Tebow irks me. And to boot, when it comes to NFL-caliber QB play--he's, as Sir Charles would say, "turrable". Every game he wins as a starter is an indictment on QB play in the NFL, in my opinion.

Like Lung said--folks out there are saying it's the divine hand of God that's causing this stuff to happen for Teebus. Well...what about the guys who are on the other sidelines that believe in God? Is God playing favorites? Did God just so happen to think that Denver deserved to win over his other believers on the opposing sideline? Is Teebus a better Christian than any of those guys? To hear others speak on this--these are all valid questions...when in reality, they shouldn't be.

My wife said it best last night...when looking at her Facebook feed full of folks acting like (seriously) Tebow was the second coming...she was curious as to who was going to yank Jesus off the cross and staple Teebus up there in his place, as it seemed like they were all ready for that to happen.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast