Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lee football carousel still rolling

Martin seems like a laid back man, but not sure how well his middle school record would transition to varsity. He's not a teacher in the system? Hard to understand how current staff wouldn't be first option like it is in other programs unless they luck up and catch a big one somehow. Given the track record, how's that going to happen? Not sure who'd want that on their plate. Palko got the blame because he was the head coach but I'd imagine his assistants Were there working. The younger classes are rumored to have some depth unlike the varsity. It could be a good situation in a few years. Their record wasn't much to write home about but the overall play the past couple of seasons seemed better. I watched them a few times from 2001-06 and they just seemed to quit after the first big play. They showed better poise lately, especially in the second half of the seasons. I would love to see a younger person with some energy get a hold on that program. They need new blood with some old school hard nosed mentality. Getting someone to stay long enough is a problem. Heck, my cousin went there and said they had as many principal changes as coaches. Gotta be more than lack of production fueling the changes in Ben Hur.
    Last edited by lemonade1; January 29th, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
    n/a

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lee football carousel still rolling

School board, named Martin as Lee High's new head coach, Tuesday night.