Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Football News and Clintwood in the Cumberland

Finally something worth posting!!
    Read there was a new Central coach...Darren Reed from Gate City. Correct me if I am wrong!
    Clintwood is also going to the Cumberland for the 2013-2014 so I guess the LPD is dissolved or will be soon. I hate that the LPD is gone more than the fact that Dickenson County will only have one school soon. I am more of a traditionalist and I do not like it but I know this has to happen. Both consolidating and the move to the Cumberland.
    If the move to the Cumberland has to happen, I think this will be a good move. The travel will be kind of rough going to Thomas Walker and Rye Cove but they will have local games like Ervinton, Castlewood, Eastside, and Norton. Games will be easier to schedule with a larger conference and they can still have their rivals like Norton (Jimbo, you are not getting rid of Clintwood that easy)...if Norton does not consolidate with Wise County schools. What a mess huh?
    I like the move if it has to happen a whole lot better than going over to the BDD.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Football News and Clintwood in the Cumberland

Ervinton is probably closing at the end of this year. I have heard they may consolidate all three schools to Clintwood due to a fire at Haysi? That one is something new I have heard. Not sure how accurate it is.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate that they would get rid of the LPD, one of the, if not THE richest district in the state for State Championships. just sounds crazy.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man you LPD folks are way out of the loop. This info has been around for awhile. LPD Pride what? Hahahaha Cumberland, what a joke.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like to me its a bit crazy putting clintwood in the cumberland. Yeah right now they are d1 single a but after the consolidation they will be a 2a school. To me (im nobody important though) it would make more sence to leave Clintwood/roseridge in a district with teams its size with closer travel time, ie Union, Central, Lee, and Lebanon. That way the LPD is still abolished but it would make a 5 team 2a district with solid comp every year. As for that comment of being out of the lood there gchs_devils, come on man the LPD is a rich heritage and goes back a long way. I counted one time last season and Im doing it again but the LPD has played in somewhere close to 30 state championship games in football, what other district can say that? Its also obvious that no matter how much gatecity wont like it that they will end up in a district with Union, Central, Lee, and Lebanon (im not sure about lebanon, but the other teams would make for a good solid district).

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ervinton is now finished I suppose and in my opinion about 20 years too late! Anyway, I hope they remake the LPD when Dickenson County consolidates. Still sends chills up my back when I hear a team in football chant "LPD, LPD!!" Always respect the place where you come from. Yelling "CMD, CMD" sounds like you are rooting for a drug cartel and not because anyone is druggies and not impling that at all but just sounds like a gangster chant! Ha! J.M.O.