Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

District changes...

it won't happen, but the best way to do this is to continue the LPD tradition with the "new" schools. historic rivalries would remain in tact, and travel would not be an issue...

Clintwood (soon to be Ridgeview with Haysi/Ervinton)
    Union
    Wise Central
    JI Burton
    Eastside
    Gate City

all of those teams are or have been members of the LPD at one time or another (even Haysi and Ervinton). Coeburn, Pound, Appy, PV, and JJ Kelly are all represented here. with Clintwood and JI Burton (and to a lesser extent, GC) that's the good ol' LPD as it should be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: District changes...

I like that proposal but as you said it wont happen. What will most likely happen is Union, Central, Lee, Gatecity, and Lebanon (whom i wish wouldnt be in our district) will form a new district. To me it would be plausible to put Rose Ridge, Union, Central, Gatecity, and Lee in a district and allow Lebanon to stay in the CMD. But the way talk is going the CMD will likely be split up as well and Rose Ridge will be a BDD school. JIB IMO will be a good fit in the Cumberland all around after the 6A system comes into play. With that 6A system the entire BDD will be 1A except Rose Ridge and thats my arugment (although its a weak one) to keep them with Union, Central, Gatecity, and Lee who will all be 2A schools.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That would make it to easy on GC. We want Richlands in our district. Forget these Wise Co schools.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The latest calls for this side are for Central, Lebanon, Lee, and Union to be in one district, Gate City, Virginia High, John Battle, and Abingdon in another, and the Cumberland stays the same while adding J.I. Burton and Clintwood. The Black Diamond stays the same also. I think at the last meeting Region D voted against Richlands, Tazewell, and Marion coming in and are proposing they join in a Region C area district. If consolidation follows through in Dickenson Co., Ridgeview (the newly formed school) could join up with Central, Lebanon, Lee, and Union.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Clintwood should join with Central, Lebanon, Lee and Union from the start. A four team district is just not enough IMO. Lee found that out the last few years of the Highlands and the LPD schools are seeing that now. One bad game can ruin your chances at a district title.