Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...here it is--THE END

After discussions with R0ck, steer, and Stripes (as well as HostBoard's ownership), we're going to shut down the LPD Forum on HostBoard effective 6/30/12, when it will go into read-only status. On 9/30/12, we will shut it down for good--the board will no longer exist on HostBoard, and no archives will be kept.

Now--I want to say that I welcome some of the remaining membership that wants a message board of some type (Region D coverage, maybe?) to feel free to create another one if they wish. In my opinion, guys like Unchained, Double D, Lung, centennialdawg, Beast, starbuck, etc...would be awesome guys to put their heads together and start up another board if they want. I'm not volunteering them, but that's just my opinion. They've all been here for a LONG time on this board in every permutation, and can keep the spirit of folks who enjoyed this board like Jim, OleTob, and retiredteach alive and kicking in another format elsewhere. I do believe that folks like myself and R0ck (for sure), and maybe steer/Stripes too, probably wouldn't be up for moderating on a new board if one came about. I'll let you all applaud now. Truth is, we're just tired, and with all the changes--it's time to step away for a bit.

Even though it was a headache at times, I've enjoyed being a moderator/admin on this board, and I appreciate R0ck for giving me the opportunity to help out back in I believe it was 2004'ish. I may have rubbed folks the wrong way and made some moderation calls that weren't always popular, but I want to promise you all this, man to man/woman, I always tried to do my best to keep this board running smoothly. I won't speak for the rest of the mods, but I whole-heartedly believe their motivations were the same. I've made some friends/acquaintances on this board that will be life-long, and will never regret that one single bit.

I've never hidden behind my screen name, and most folks know me more by my real name than my ID on here. So...instead of looking up CoeburnCane, if you need something in the future, feel free to hit up Brad Ketron on Facebook. No matter what our posting past may be on here, if there's something I can help you with out in the real world--don't hesitate to contact me.

Please post all final platitudes/comments/screw-you's below...lol...everyone take care. At the risk of sounding corny: Long live the LPD.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Well...here it is--THE END

Well since we will be in the Cumberland next fall is there a cumberland board?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's sad that this day has come but it was inevitable. I've had a good time on here since I've been a member and actually made some good friends just from this board. I appreciate all the mods for what they've done in the past and I can say personally that I've never had one run in, that I can remember, lol, with any of them or really any members on here. I got heated a few times in the early days but that was probably more my immaturity than anything, not having thick enough skin. I'm gonna miss y'all but of the friends I've made from here we all stay in contact either by phone, text, facebook, twitter, etc.

Take care all
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    It's sad that this day has come but it was inevitable. I've had a good time on here since I've been a member and actually made some good friends just from this board. I appreciate all the mods for what they've done in the past and I can say personally that I've never had one run in, that I can remember, lol, with any of them or really any members on here. I got heated a few times in the early days but that was probably more my immaturity than anything, not having thick enough skin. I'm gonna miss y'all but of the friends I've made from here we all stay in contact either by phone, text, facebook, twitter, etc.

Take care all
    yeah, what he said, except I dont facebook or twitter
    And thanks for the kind words CC
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Truth be told with my busy life right now ( 1kid playing 3 sports-other doing band,basketball,choir,golf, we bought new house...etc),I'd never have the time to create,but would contribute when I was on. I'll be chilling on FB if you all want to catch up (https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/joe.lewis.1460). Just msg me if one gets started
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry to see this forum have to end. I was introduced to a rather colorful cast of characters here. It's been fun, interesting, infuriating and just absolutely comical at times. I guess we all kind of saw it coming for a little while now. Thanks for the memories.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is the forum song that I posted several years back.

I Love This Board

We got winners, we got losers
    Chain fluffers and snoozers
    And we got kiddies, we got liars
    We got crazy all nighters
    And elp6n thinks she a movie star

Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this board

We got vikings, we got raiders
    Sore winners and haters
    And we got freddy, we got balla
    gc_devil and nola
    And the veterans talk about their battle scars

[Chorus:]
    I love this board
    It's my kind of place
    Just scrollin' through the front page
    Puts a big smile on my face
    It ain't too hard, come as you are

I've seen short post, we got hot heads
    Blue-collar boys and rednecks
    And we got hokies, lots of ut fans
    And I've even seen a few canes
    And we like to fight over our favorite teams

Yes I do

I like my dog (I like my dog)
    I like my friends (I like my friends)
    I like to met them at ball games
    I like to sleep now and then

But I love this board
    It's my kind of place
    Just scrollin' around the forum
    Puts a big smile on my face
    No member charge, come as you are

We got ladies and a big guy named al
    Old ball players and a real bad kids
    We got newbies and we got veterans
    A dumb-ass and a wise-guy
    If you get too bored just make a newer post
    Reason number 672 why

I'm hidin on out boys
    My time's over
    Got to get to bed

I just love it
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The LPD will be in existence for one more year, so why are you closing it down early?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lack of traffic.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast