Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Exercise your freedom.

R13, How? Well at 20, no kids, I'm working on my Bachelors, work in politics and campaigns, have met state senators, delegates, congressman, US Senators, and a former President, in a few years I will have my bachelors I will be running campaign offices(maybe local, maybe another state, depends on where I am sent). Oh and a two-time cancer survivor. Especially compared to that self-proclaimed redneck, I think I'm doing quite well at this age, laugh at it all you want though.
    R13, I do respect and admire your fight against cancer. Having family members who have suffered, some who are in remission, I pray for your continued health. But I do hope that with your higher education you could be intelligent enough to see past failed leftist ideas. Obama has brought record debt. I thought Bush had this Nation in bad shape but Obama has topped him and then thrown a trump card on.

Also regarding Griffith lying about Boucher and Cap and Trade? Boucher helped write the Bill, he added some amendments didn't he? An Amendment is part of the Bill, isn't it? An Amendment is writing, isn't it? So a written Amendmant, adeed to a written Bill is writing it, isn't it?
    Mr. Boucher felt so invulnerable that last year he made the mindboggling decision to join with green purists to craft the cap-and-trade dagger aimed at his own district—home to thousands of coal jobs. He is a powerful member on the House Energy Committee, and his support helped pull along other reluctant Democrats, earning him a shout out from the White House. It also earned him a target on his back.
    You really need to get out of your shell and smell the roses. We can't have 1/2 the nation on the guvmant cheese while raping the other 50% of the population. We need to be creating jobs, not hand cuffing those who would/could create jobs by taxing them to death to pay for Obama's leftist agenda.

Some of the ways he plans to pay for Obamacare are ridiculous. The "penalty" Companies are having to to pay for insuring their employees is crazy. My health insurance premiums are going up over $100 a month due to it, plus when folks find out about good old HR-4646, they will go ape! Here is a little info on the Bill:

The bill is HR-4646 introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa. A one percent transaction tax is proposed. President Obama's finance team is recommending a transaction tax.
    This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution, i.e., Banks, Credit Unions, etc.
    Any deposit you make, or move around within your account, i.e. e-transfer to, will have a 1% tax charged.
    If your pay check or your social Security or whatever is direct deposited, 1% tax charged.
    If you hand carry a check in to deposit, 1% tax charged.
    If you take cash in to deposit, 1% tax charged.

Now, do you remember a certain sorry Liar that promised that NO ONE WHO MADE UNDER $250,000 would pay any new taxes? And now he wants to pass Cap and Trade, Penalize my Health Care, and Place a 1% tax on any Bank Transaction I make? And I don't make anywhere NEAR 250,000!!

And here is a link to the WSJ article.Strassel: The Cap-and-Trade Crackup - WSJ.com

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504383_1...40-504383.html
    "They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GC-1 View Post
    R13,The bill is HR-4646 introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa. A one percent transaction tax is proposed. President Obama's finance team is recommending a transaction tax.
    This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution, i.e., Banks, Credit Unions, etc.
    Any deposit you make, or move around within your account, i.e. e-transfer to, will have a 1% tax charged.
    If your pay check or your social Security or whatever is direct deposited, 1% tax charged.
    If you hand carry a check in to deposit, 1% tax charged.
    If you take cash in to deposit, 1% tax charged.
    I heard some folks talking about this at work last week hard to belive it would even be considered

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Counts, they've got to pay for their spending somewhere. I'd say that Bill is dead in the water now. But just to think it would have been possible if the House didn't turn over.
    "They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How can your education be affected unless your getting it for free. You see there is a thing called loans, yeah those things you pay back. Some of us pay our own way. Hey R13, get out of the cheese line and get in the employment line, its a long one and people are ****ed. You see, a lot of people have more to worry about than what Eminem's new cd is going to sound like. Bills, food, house payments, student loans, etc. Grow up. By the way, the redneck label you give, Im proud to wear it. But at least call me an educated redneck, I went to college also.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleGap View Post
    How can your education be affected unless your getting it for free. You see there is a thing called loans, yeah those things you pay back. Some of us pay our own way. Hey R13, get out of the cheese line and get in the employment line, its a long one and people are ****ed. You see, a lot of people have more to worry about than what Eminem's new cd is going to sound like. Bills, food, house payments, student loans, etc. Grow up. By the way, the redneck label you give, Im proud to wear it. But at least call me an educated redneck, I went to college also.
    I noticed the part about his education also. If he is getting a "free" education, he needs to remember that his education isn't "free". He's pulling out of the pockets of hard working Americans. IMO, he can do like my oldest is right now and work his way through school, paying what he can and getting student loans. My middle son is saving now to send himself to school. It's called getting off the gravy train, R13, and standing on your own 2 feet and stop being a leach on society. I can see Left Wing politician written all over you. One thing for sure, you leaches sure do suc!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh come on now guys that is a little much. At least he is bettering himself by going to college. If he is getting scholarships or even federal financial aid then good for him. I would rather him do that for four years than to be on food stamps and welfare all of his life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red66 View Post
    Oh come on now guys that is a little much. At least he is bettering himself by going to college. If he is getting scholarships or even federal financial aid then good for him. I would rather him do that for four years than to be on food stamps and welfare all of his life.
    I think they're offended by calling MapleGap a redneck, and saying he's done more with his life than him and R13 saying his education would be effected.
    Financial Aid is just as bed as the welfare and food stamps these days. It's abused by students who want a rebate check.

To me, I took it like R13 is saying "rednecks" can't be educated in politics, or book smarts... little does he understand, I'm considered a redneck, raised that way, but I went to college, graduated, and am working on a Masters Degree.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleGap View Post
    Hey R13, ever consider that you cost Boucher his seat. After I found out you were helping ole Rick out, well that sealed it for me. LoL. Three cheers for R13. If you dont care help Obama out next go around.

Honestly its people like R13 that make me dislike democrats. I always voted for Boucher before this yr. I think I told R13 in a another thread IM glad your a Dem. Point being nothing will light a fire under voters asses like somebody of r13's likeness on the other side of the fence.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

R13 is catching hell!! Too funny !!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Anyone that doesn't realize how royally screwed the 9th is now, is just ****ing stupid. And that's not being some sore loser either, we're really ****ed. We just lost a guy with major seniority representing a rural area, you're more than likely using the internet he brought to you and drinking the clean water he brought too...all to a guy who I bet not one of you ever heard of before this election, have no ****ing clue what he says he'll do and doesn't live in the district. So pat yourself on the back for screwing over the seniors, the vets, the mining co.'s, the students and everyone in between.

Ashamed to live in the same area of fools who voted in basically a stranger. Southwest, Virginia is in major trouble for at least two years and that's shameful. But we'll see how much he does, how much he cares about our area(considering he doesn't live here) etc. Sad, sad day for the 9th district, the logical, caring and good parents of the area know how disastrous this was.
    Agree 100%.
    When I voted at 3:00, I knew Rick had lost. How? The 2 ppl. in front of me were trying to vote at the wrong precinct, and the weren't together... 1 was S. Grundy & 1 was Rock Lick. The "ignorants" that the Repubs were targeting by saying how Rick was against coal.

You know, G never said ONE WORD about what he has done in the past, despite being in the state senate for 10 years...guess he's not done anything while he was there, or what he did wasn't what was best for OUR area. Like the school money.

He never even said he went to college in the 9th... was he ashamed of that? Afraid his Roanoke-area ppl. wouldn't back him anymore?

No use trying to talk sense to some ppl.... it doesn't matter that bills are officially named for the authors, and Boucher's name isn't on the C&T Bill.. he still helped write it.
    And that Rick is pro-utility. They didn't like that. Does it matter that utilities are the largest buyers of coal? Nope.
    And if Rick "wants to shut down a COAL POWERED plant that would bring in jobs for us",
    what the *** is Dominion building near St. Paul?

I am SO disappointed that so many so-called "educated" ppl. have no clue.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast