Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    Never said they were "better off". I was talking about crime rates, teen pregnancy rates, divorce rates etc. I'll try to find the most recent study, but Japan, France and Sweden were near the top.
    "First of all I never said they have "higher" morals."??????????????????????????????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And yes, I backed that up. The whole prison population argument pretty much took care of that part."

You think!?!? I don't.

First, how do we determine these numbers? All polls are flawed at their core.

Lets look at some variables on this subject.

First, if you asked these inmates if they considered themselves Christians prior to their arrests I bet you would get a much lower percentage than you do in an after conviction poll.

I would also bet that many who might be tempted to claim no belief in God prior to conviction will give a somewhat different answer while under the stress of prison life.

There is a lot of truth to the old saying, "there are no atheists on death row".

I would also like to know if the polls were done in complete secrecy. If not, I'm surprised there are any atheists in prison.

I will concede that an other reason could be money. Young atheists tend to be from affluent families. Kids with money seldom end up in prison whether they deserve to or not.

"I've ignored it because I have no idea what it's relevance is."

It was relevant to a whole line of the debate.

"You're saying thats the radical part and because Christianity has gotten older and we've realized that it's outdated and not supposed to do things like that."

No, I'm saying that Jesus brought about a new code. You said he didn't. I asked you the above question. You dodged and quoted scripture out of context to support your argument.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    Appreciate that, but save them for others. I am doing pretty good right now, a lot others worse off..not just then me, but everyone. People are dying, suffering and basically getting a shitty life. They need all the help they can get.

I know. Also I appoligize for the feeling sorry for you comment. I kind of sounded like one of the types of so called Christians that runs others away from Christianity. There has always been those with the hollier than you attitude and that is wrong. We are all created equal. The biggest tragidy (to me) in US history was done by a so called Christian man and former President. His name was Andrew Jackson and he was responsible for the Trail of Tears the forced march that killed over half of the Cherokee People. But just because people call themselves Christians does not mean they are. They are wolves in sheeps clothing just like the ones you mentioned earlier. To me finding God is my responsibility and should not be influenced by others though I can use their advise sometimes. I admit I am not perfect and never will be. I just started going back to Church a couple of weeks ago. Faith is something we all need. It gives us hope.

You are still in my prayers if you need them or not. We all need them and I hope others are praying for me and my family. If you ever decide too then say one for me.

Have a great upcoming week and I pray something great happens for you soon!

Jason

Inactive Member christianscientology's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Many conservative Christians believe they have lost the battles over issues such as abortion, school prayer and even same-sex marriage, and that the country has now entered a post-Christian phase. Christopher Hitchens ?a friend and possibly the most charming provocateur you will ever meet?wrote a hugely popular atheist tract a few years ago, "God Is Not Great." As an observant (if deeply flawed) Episcopalian, I disagree with many of Hitchens's arguments?I do not think it is productive to dismiss religious belief as superstitious and wrong?but he is a man of rigorous intellectual honesty who, on a recent journey to Texas, reported hearing evangelical mutterings about the advent of a "post-Christian" America.
    I am really fed up of people who claim that the World or Christianity "Is Coming to an End," just because they have failed to achieve their own narrow-minded goals. Where did Jesus Command us to interfere in the lives of Sinners?

Why should Christians be distressed that Unbelievers want to abort their own offspring? It is the spawn of the Unbeliever being killed, not their own children! It is their own population that they are reducing, not those of Christians!

Why should Christians want Unbelievers to pray in school, or even for their own children to pray in school- when Jesus taught- nay, Commanded us to pray at home, in our private closets?

As for same-sex marriage- since it is too disgusting to comfortably think about, why think about it? What business is it of ours' what deviant activity people who do not believe in what we believe do?

Many wannabe Christians have been co-opted by people who want to meddle in other peoples' affairs, and feel themselves very powerful by legislating Righteousness.
    King Herod and Pontius Pilate were doing a number of sinful and immoral things. Why didn't Jesus, the Lord of The Church, set the example by fighting against them, even at the very least preaching against what evil they were doing? Why didn't he campaign for John the Baptist's release (who was jailed because he pointed out that Herod and Herodias were committing adultery- as if it were his business).:doh:

Yet we see all these Social Reformer Crusading Christians exhibiting zero Spiritual Power- which, if it were written in a Book 2,000 years old, would have prompted them to theologically point out: "Well, you see, this person could not perform Miracles, because God did not approve of their self-made ministry!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

images?qtbnANd9GcQgSz8QYLeM1 3GIrzItVxMobbLgVMlV5bdrdDdwW6TSSaco qG
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why were these posts even brought up?

They were gone and forgotten.