Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures

They?re telephone-pole-sized pieces of tungsten that you can drop onto the Earth, and just gravity causes a very, very severe explosion that can devastate a huge amount of space.
    guns kill people,

like spoons made rush limbaugh,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

34655039 172303460281046 8281250722591277056 n

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

35000867 466583270434586 1696600545361395712 n

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Jon Carin ? keyboards, sound effects, vocals
    Scott Page ? saxophones, guitar
    Guy Pratt ? bass guitar, vocals
    Tim Renwick ? guitars, backing vocals
    Gary Wallis ? percussion, keyboards, vocals
    Rachel Fury - backing vocals
    Durga McBroom ? backing vocals
    Margaret Taylor ? backing vocals (during the 1987-88 dates)
    Lorelei McBroom ? backing vocals (at The Omni shows 1987 and the 1989 dates)
    Roberta Freeman ? backing vocals (at The Omni shows 1987)

Torrent (DVD): 404 Not Found....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Tried for the voice of Snow White in Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) but Disney himself rejected her, claiming she sounded "too mature." She was 14 at the time.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

34034571 1019814181518186 4030453222450659328 n
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

28766698 889765614529348 3468816004308533248 n

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    Jon Carin ? keyboards, sound effects, vocals
    Scott Page ? saxophones, guitar
    Guy Pratt ? bass guitar, vocals
    Tim Renwick ? guitars, backing vocals
    Gary Wallis ? percussion, keyboards, vocals
    Rachel Fury - backing vocals
    Durga McBroom ? backing vocals
    Margaret Taylor ? backing vocals (during the 1987-88 dates)
    Lorelei McBroom ? backing vocals (at The Omni shows 1987 and the 1989 dates)
    Roberta Freeman ? backing vocals (at The Omni shows 1987)

Torrent (DVD): 404 Not Found....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

- - - Updated - - -

Redud

Tried for the voice of Snow White in Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) but Disney himself rejected her, claiming she sounded "too mature." She was 14 at the time.
    Redud
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

28436367 1838211356218399 1642929835166662656 n

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

"Protesters on the Swamp for several hours trampled feet myths, which very much cherished the power"
    12.12.2011, 09:19
    The Saturday rally on Bolotnaya Square remains the main political news of recent days. The Special Correspondent of the "Kommersant" Publishing House Oleg Kashin says goodbye to the political myths, which until this Saturday was very much appreciated by the authorities.

For some reason, these days I want to recall the famous story of the traveler Nobile, who was going to fly to the North Pole on the airship for a long time, and when he flew in, he said - "Well, here we are," and he cried. For some reason, everyone with whom I discuss the Saturday meeting is about the same mood. What's next is incomprehensible, and ahead of the New Year holidays, during which all, of course, will no longer be up to politics, and live for at least a quarter of a century, everything will be so, there is no outcome.

I, too, do not know how everything will be, of course, but I know that until now the government has greatly valued the myth that if people go out into the street they will immediately start beating the riot police, stab them with an awl and tear at their jaws, and that the street protest - it's blood, guts and stuff. Go to the website of the Public Chamber - this is perhaps the most funny online edition now. On the eve of the rally, all the materials of this site were devoted to the fact that there is no need to go to a meeting in any case. Singer Sergei Mazaev said that at rallies "some bastards start to destroy cars, showcases." This is a disgrace, I'm just shaking from all these events, "the soloist of the group" Umaturman "promised -" Personally, I do not shake the flags, because I think, that it's just stupid, "singer Sergei Lazarev said that" our people do not know what they want, and now people will go to the rally, and in fact, many will be subjected to herd feelings,

"and the television chief Margarita Simonyan asked a rhetorical question -" Really Some people do not understand that the goals of these people are otsirovat violence and organize the chaos "- and threatened by the Nazis. By the way, a month ago I interviewed her and asked - well, do you really like the existing system of "limited democracy" in Russia, and I think she honestly answered that she, of course, does not like all this, "but you understand that in any free elections we will be defeated by fascists, who will hang you and me with pleasure. "

Margarita Simonyan, as a result, I saw on Saturday at Bolotnaya Square - I hope, now she is even a little ashamed of the pre-meeting words. And maybe, and not ashamed - strictly speaking, it does not matter. As is known, the protesters behaved peacefully on Saturday, did not tear down anything or set fire to it. But they for several hours trampled on the feet of the very myths that very much cherished the power.

I do
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures various chunks

I was the Senior Engineer for acoustic products with Altec Lansing in the 1980's at the Oklahoma City facility and these speakers are from my personal collection.

The original model 515 woofer was well suited for the large vented straight bass horn enclosures like the 210 and 211 models it was used with when installed in movie theatres across the USA in the 1940's and 50's. With its high gap flux density, flat wire voice coil and light moving assembly, its conversion efficiency was very high to match the sensitivity of the 288 HF compression driver on the multicellular horns of the day. Available audio amplifier power was typically only 10-30 watts.

In my quest to build the ultimate bass horn driver for large (eight foot path length) folded horns using reactance annulling with a small back air chamber, I reconed these woofers in 1990 using the standard 8 ohm voice coil from the 416/604, and the low mass 21184-4 cone used in later model 515B's. The slightly stiffer, but more stable tan spider was also used. To eliminate front-to-back losses from air leakage, the vented dust cap was replaced with a solid one, with venting accomplished through perforations in the voice coil support as was done with the 420/417/418. The photos show the custom designed bass horn enclosures used with these drivers in a D'Appolito array system, including a 299-8A HF driver on a 511E horn (I was the design engineer for the 299 driver). A signal delay for the high frequency section provided correct time/phase alignment at the 500 Hertz crossover frequency. This system had bandwidth down to 40 Hertz, low distortion, and with a modest amount of audio power, could produce 105 dB SPL outdoors, at 100 feet from the system. Email with any questions you may have about the woofers or the bass horn enclosures, which may also be for sale.

I am retiring from audio engineering after 43 years and no longer have the space for these old gems. If you are considering some unique vintage woofers for your home hi-fi or other project, these speakers might be just what you are looking for. They are in excellent working condition, with some of the magnet structures obviously missing some paint. One of them is the currently sought after "RWB" version. Total service time on these woofers is less than 100 hours with normal program material.

No international sales. Shipping to lower 48 states USA addresses only. Shipping on these speakers is fixed at $100 for the group of four. They will be securely packed, each in a double wall carton with the speaker bolted to a mounting board with foam inserts to insure that it cannot move in the carton.

Vintage Altec Lansing 515 Woofer Quartet | eBay
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)