Thread: PLAL Protest Dates

Mareyjones5

Talking

The Pro-life Action League (PLAL) is going to be protesting outside American Girl Place in Chicago and New York the day after Thanksgiving. Now I know my family and I will have the news on so we can watch it! Is anyone else going to be in Chicago/New York to protest? We might go to the one on December 3, where parents will bring their daughters and dolls to protest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Am not going to post here except for this, but geez, don't you think this is all a bit silly? I'm actively pro-life as well, but come on. The only thing supporting Girls, Inc. are the I Can bands. Just don't buy one! The more controversial it gets, the more publicity it gets, and all publicity is good in the marketing world, so all you're doing is making it worse. If you really want to do something productive, why not try to get people to stop buying the darn bracelets? If they don't sell, they'll go away. For heaven's sake, don't go off and make it worse.

Mareyjones5

Hello, My name is Mavis, I am Kate's Mom. Kate is soon to be 13 years old and I am very proud of her. She has chosen to do something very very hard. She has chosen to take a stand against a very adult issue, because she knows abortion is wrong. She has chosen to open her own message board to talk about this issue of the "I can" bracelets, because other message boards don't allow political or controversial topics. And Kate NEEDS to talk about this with other like minded people. I challenge you mayergirl, if your "pro-life" as you say you are, what does it mean to you and what are you willing to do? Our eyes have been open since this has begun. We see people who seem to love dolls more than babies. Nothing wrong with that in itself, but when babies are being murdered, and American girl supports a group who financially supports that, then all good people everywhere must stand up and take a stand. Remember the Holocaust, they came for the Jews, all six million, because no one nowhere said or did anything. Do you know what is more evil than supporting abortion? Good people who say they do, but they don't.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 17, 2005 07:07 PM: Message edited by: 4truthandjustice ]</font>

Mareyjones5

Mayergirl, because I am on your ignore list, let me just say that there is nothing hatred or evil in the PM my Mom sent you compared to your post about how worthless and silly my actions are. How can you say you tried to make a "positive contribution" when I practically bawled me eyes out thinking I was stupid for standing up for what I belive in? That was very hurtful and wrong, and that's why I wanted my Mom to step in. I don't want to talk to you anymore than you want to talk to me, but I have to ask just one more question: If you had to sacrifice all your American Girl dolls, books, furniture, accessories, ect. to save one babies's life, would you? I would in a heartbeat.