Thread: Bitty or Twin Girl? for girl and what age?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Well, I have been thinking long and hard on this and I'm still not sure what to do. I know that Bitty Babies and Bitty Twins are for ages 3-7. And I have seen both Bitty dolls. The Twins and regular up close. I do like both, but think that the BB head is too hard for a younger child.

I want to start a Bitty collection for my niece Samantha Rose, yet she is not 3 yet. She is going to turn 1 soon. I do not think I will be getting her Bitty this year, maybe wait til she is 2. But should I get her Bitty now?

Which are better, the Twins or Bitty? I will like for her to enjoy her toy. And if I get the twins, she will only receive the girl, the boy will be sold off.

Any ideas??

I already planned when she is 7 she will be getting Samantha and Kaya. Samantha as her namesake and Kaya, as her mother is half Native American.

Should I start with the Bitty? or wait til she is older?
    [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both are adorable. My littlest daughter got Bitty and her friend got the twins. Friend really only played with the girl twin. Both girls loved their babies. The twin did get messy hair. Does Samantha Rose (beautiful name) have hair or is she bald? I always thought it would be nice to have the twins since I have twin girl and boy, but my twin girl was a bald baby.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I am going to get her Bitty!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Going to give her Bitty when she is at least 1! So during the summer will be fine. Thanks everyone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I Got both for my youngest and she likes BB by far better. Sorry if I didn't help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Felina, you did help! The more input I get, the more I am leaning towards Bitty!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ria,
    I have started a Bitty Bunch collection for my niece, who is 5 months old-- and they're a great deal with the code. I'm waiting to see if she has her sister's interest in dolls before I get her a doll. If she does show interest in Caitlin's dolls, I'll get her a Bitty when she's 3 or so.
    Heather

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would get the twins. They seem to have a longer play factor in that the bitty's head get scuffed and marked very easily. Also I have noticed that the hair is a nice touch because then it can be brushed by little ones and decorated.
    My almost 2 year old has a bitty and doesn't like her hard head and we also have a bitty that I rewigged into a baby Ariel and she loves styling her hair as well as sleeping with her.
    I think at that age it's the hair for softness and styling that is really entertaining.
    You could always by a bitty and rewig it in whatever color or style you want. It's very easy and the hair is much better then the twins. And then you don't have to worry about selling the one off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ria, I love them both, honestly. But for a very young child, I'd say Bitty, just in case she's prone to putting things up to her mouth, you wouldn't worry about her ingesting any hair. I know Diana definitely considers her Bitty is the "baby" and the twins are the "toddlers". Also, if you go the route of the twins, but want some of the twins outfits, you will always be selling the boy clothes. Maybe not a bad thing, since I know some board members have bought only the boy doll and will need just his clothes.

I know you could also just buy Bitty's clothes for the girl twin, which I think is nice because they alwasy include a toy which the twins' outfits only have a book with them.

Good luck,

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The clothes for Bitty is nicer than Bitty twin girl clothes. Although the hair is nice for them to carry the doll around. I am not kidding here. Kaitlin carries her little people cloth dolls around by the hair. So far none of them are bald yet.