Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Again Thank-you for all the warm welcomes. I told you I have lots of questions and here is my first.

I need tips on caring for Kirsten Hair. I bought the wig brush. When we have combed it I sprayed water on her hair. I notice her hair tangles very easily. Also her hair is in many lengths. Is it suppose to be like that? Can you use a spray detangler or will it ruin her hair? I ended up putting it back in braids. My daughter is six so she can be rough on poor Kirsten hair. See I told you had lots of questions? I appreciate all the tips!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wet hair is more difficult to brush out without snagging it. I would advise brushing it dry. Brush the hair towards Kirsten's face and then sort out the different length pieces for each side. Keep all the hair that's a similar length in one bunch -- those hair clippie things work well to hold each bunch temporarily. Then braid one side. I can't remember if the bunch that's longest is next to the face or in the center. Anyway, each length should work into one of the three strands you need for a braid. Be careful always to use coated elastics, NOT RUBBER BANDS!, to hold the end of the braid in place when you're finished. Rubber bands snarl and break everyone's hair, including dolls' hair. Brush the hair gently, working from the ends first and patience is important. If you think Kirsten's hair is challenging, try a long-haired Gotz play doll some day! Very fine but dense hair that tangles as soon as you let go of it!