Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions about benefit sale- I'm new!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi,
    This is my first post- I've just found this site, so if I'm asking questions that have been asked already, please forgive me.

About the MCM Benefit Sale- I have a ticket for 9:15. What can I expect to see there at that time? Do they sell stuff for Bitties,too or is it just AG Historical and AG today? Will there be many dolls or much furniture left by 9:15?

What time should I arrive at the sale? Is there any reason to get there before 9:10?

Anyone who has ever gone, please post any information you have. I'm so excited about going, and I want to know what to expect!
    Thanks!

FYI-we have Kirsten, Kit and 2 AG today dolls (Jessica and Kim) living with our family! Both my kids would love Nellie, too. Any chance I'll see her at the sale at 9:15?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello: I have been to the sale several times. This year, I have a 7 AM ticket. Last year, it was 7:15, and the year before was 9 AM, which is as far as I remember back. I was in there until around 11:30, at which time they still had a lot of stuff! Last year was my first year to go back the second day, which was free, and I was still able to find a lot of dolls (some were sold out)and furniture in very nice condition! Things were discounted a little more, and the first 50 people received a discount 20%? off of their entire purchase on that day. Of course, I was one of them, as I was in line by 4 AM :-)

At the sale, at the time you have, expect to find very nice dolls. Some MAY be sold out of a certain doll by that time though, but I doubt it! You will find tons of furnture left and clothing for girls (though this will be picked over). There will still be a lot of books. However, the clothing and accessories will be few. You are usually allowed to chose ONE outfit from each of the historical dolls only. Then, you are allowed to buy FOUR outfits of the AGOT. These all go quickly, as people who do not plan to buy them for themselves are asked to do so by one of their friends. They will have only a few of some of them, yet tons of others which are not as popular. There will be Coconut and Licorice and many accessories. You will still find TONS of Bitties and Twins at that time, though the Brunettes MAY be gone ASAP, as I don't recall seeing them last year at all. What you will NOT find at that time: Kailey or her accessories, Lindsey (if she is even there at ALL - last year, there were only three left!), probably not any Marisol either, as last year there were no Nellie's. I bet Nelllie will be there but she may not be available by that time, depending on the number they have. You will also find a ton of Bitty accessories - beds, bedding, high chairs, etc. All of which should still be there by your time. Have fun and don't forget to check out the severely marked down area as well, where you can get some things REALLY cheap!!

Gret

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I fogot to mention about the time.....When I had a 9 Am slot, I was there around 8:30 or so, but when I had a 7:15 slot, I was there around 4. LAst year there was someone in line just after midnight for the 7 AM slot and was the first one there to get a Lindsey doll for her daughter! I guess my feeling is this: If there is something which is wanted bad enough to get in line that early, then it was probably already taken by those of us in line at 7 (not meaning that to be sassy at all though!) If I were you, I would get there about 30 minutes before your timeframe. The only people who really need to get there very early are those in the very early slots.

Gret

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'll want to be there early enough to be close to the head of the 9:15am line.

Should have no trouble getting dolls at that hour, although some may be limited. Depends on which one you want the most & how many of that particular doll was even available. Nellie wasn't available last year because she came out after the sale was over.

Availability of merchandise differs from year to year. What they have a lot of one year might be in short supply the next. However, there was lots of Kit trunks last year as well as twin strollers, Kaya horses, Kit beds, Kit table/chair sets, Molly beds, Molly desks, & Molly bikes.

Remember to bring HUGE bags with you although there are sturdy bags with handles for sale on-site. They fit the doll boxes very nicely. To save space, you can leave the box with the doll ladies & just tuck the doll in your bag. If you take that option, just remember she's there so you don't place stuff on top of her that might damage her. Proceeds from bag sales also go to charity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for all your help! A few more questions:

How much will an AG doll cost me? What about a Bitty Baby?

You were talking about books- is there anything wrong with the books?

Oh I am so excited!

Thanks again to everyone who has posted.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 06, 2005 03:33 PM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh sorry- one more question:
    What's the key to getting a 7:00 ticket? I was online and couldn't get through for a minute or so, and by then the best time I could get was 9:15. I didn't like the fact that you had to pick a time, then if it was sold out pick another time. I wish they had had a way to just choose earliest time available.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I disagree about needing to be there so early for a 9:15 AM time slot to be in the front of that line. A 7 or 7:15 slot, yes, but after that, if they have things that last until 9:15, they are usually plentiful enough to last throughout the entire line. Just my opinion. I have entered at all times and while the most rare things go in seconds, the rest is typically pretty plentiful :-)

Dolls are typically $50 and Bittys I think were $25 or $30? twins were 50 and count as 2 dolls. You can get 6 dolls...but only 2 hustorical ones, so you could do something like this....

Nellie
    Samantha
    AGOT
    Bitty Baby
    Twins (2 dolls)

Or any other combination, as long as you only get two historicals. If you plan to attend the free sale the next day, I would get an AGOT then. LAst year, they were marked down to $40 plus I got a 20% discount off of that for being an "early bird".

Last year I had a 7:15 ticket by having a very quick finger! This year, I paid $135 for a 7 AM on E-bay.

Gret

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, so you're the one that bought that ticket, hey, Gret? Just kidding...you go for that LE doll or item that you want! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What times did everyone else get? I am only going to go on Sunday to bargain hunt just for fun since I don't "need" anything as my gift closet is jammed packed with ungiven AG gifts that I haven't even gotten to thanks to the code!!! I didn't plan on getting there at 4 AM, however. My DH would think I was crazy. I bet there would be no traffic!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last year people got in line at 4am on Sunday because the first 50 people got an additional 15% discount on their entire purchase. That isn't the case this year (no extra discount has been mentioned).

I have shown up around 6am every other year and always gotten in the first group let in on Sunday.

Mary Kate

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast