Thread: Felicity movie being filmed in CANADA???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHAT? I just found on a website that the Felicity movie is currently (started May 16) filming in TORONTO CANADA. I just think this is the stupidest Idea! I mean Williamsburg looks the same as it always did in Felicity's time so why not film it there? It would make perfect sense. All the costumes are right there and so are all the props! It wouldn't even look like the real Williamsburg filming there! Ugh! I am just so mad! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] Ok sorry I just had to let that out...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hasn't Toronto become a huge place for making movies? Because of the outrageous costs associated with making one in the states? Kind of our own fault, but sad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Mapleleaf!!! Grab the camera and start taking pics!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is indeed because of lower filming costs. You'd be surprised about how many movies and tv shows are filmed in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. It is indeed the U.S.'s own fault because I believe the Canadian government gives tax breaks to further encourage Hollywood to take advantage of the lower prices north of the border. With that said, you shouldn't fear, as others mentioned on here they will probably still use some footage of the real Williamsburg.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Samantha movie was filmed in Canada too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

One of my fav TV shows of all time was shot in Toronto: The Pretender. Not only is it cheaper to film there, but can you even fathom the costs of actually filming the whole movie at CW? They'd have to shut it down for filming, because people walk around in modern clothes. The revenues CW would lose would have to be paid by AG. The insurance would also be through the roof. While it's practical to do outdoor shots there, filming the whole thing in CW was probably never an option. And as someone who really appreciates CW, I don't think it ever SHOULD have been an option.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Canada has become a big place for making movies. Winnipeg is also another movie central. Shall we dance was filmed her (J Lo and Richard Gere) as well as The day of destruction, some sub movie with Harrison Ford. It is always fun when you here a car explode on set or the local mall has a new "name" for the movie!

Winnipeg is known for its old buildings resembling the 30's. I wouldn't be surprised if Kit's movie was filmed here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Toronto is a big movie making place now due to the lower costs. However, I can't believe they wouldn't film any of Williamsburg. They probably will film some of Williamsburg for some establishing outdoor shots. The movie "The Prince & Me" that came out last year was filmed in large part in Toronto and Prague because of lower costs even though it was supposedly set in Wisconsin and Denmark. However, the moviemakers did take some shots of Denmark for "stage setting" scenes, and in one scene they even digitally put a palace from Denmark into a scene shot in Prague.

Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Toronto is used alot to shoot New York movies. There are lower production costs and government incentives to film in Canada. Most PBS children's programming also has Canadian origins.