Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family emergency, Pleasant Academy project on hold...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I received the school uniform jumpers on Thursday, but I was out of town this past weekend at a conference. But moreover, my mom has been in the hospital since I drover her there last Tuesday afternoon, against her will, because she had been contemplating suicide after being in a very deep depression for months.

She was transferred to another hospital that is more than a 1/2 hour away from me which was odd because there are so many hospitals around here. Anyways, she lives alone and I'm the only one that is handling her affairs.

My brother who is 26 works 2 jobs and doesn't like to get involved. I had to beg him to agree to do one thing, pay her bills online. My father died when I was 16 in 1992. My grandmother(father's mother) is my only living grandparent and is 91 years old. The hospital won't talk to anyone but me (and my brother, but he hasn't called the hospital or my grandma) so my grandma wants me to call my brother to tell him to call her and wants me to keep calling the hospital to update her, but my mom has been mean, upset and downright verbally abusive at times to me because she hates where she is and is still mad I forced her to go to the hospital when she didn't think she needed to. So I don't have much interest in calling her very often. I haven't visited her yet. I did bring her some things the day after she was transferred but she was so anxious(and it wasn't visiting hours) that I couldn't see her. Anyways, I still have school responsibilities and I didn't go on Thursday because I was so exhausted after running around.

Back to the dolls, I have all their stuff now but I'm just trying to not obcessively worry(which is very hard) and I have to get back to schoolwork and trying to concentrate on school. Hopefully soon I'll feel up to playing with the dolls again. I should be using the dolls for comfort now and I really want to but my mind is just all over the place right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I hope things start going better for your mom, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you.

Good luck, and know, you always have a group of friends here.

[img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Jessica

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear how things are going, but I'm glad that your mom is in a safe place. Take care of yourself, and don't worry about your dolls, they'll still be there when things calm down.
    Sending hugs your way. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

thepidget

I am really sorry to hear about what happened. [img]frown.gif[/img] I also feel bad that your mom is angry at you for taking her to the hospital, but you did the right thing because she is much safer there. Sending good wishes and support your way... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Katie!

I'm so sorry to read your post--it sounds like you and your family are really going through a rough time! I admire you for taking responsibility and attempting to help your mom. Depression is such an awful disease and I do believe everyone connected to the person who is experiencing depression suffers too right along with them.

Know that you have many supportive friends here at HB to help you remain strong!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Katie, we're here for you! Stay strong. [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hang in there. I'll keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry Katie about your Mother. I hope that everything will become better in the near future for you, and your family. Sending alot of dollie hugs. [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

emer222

Katie, I'm sorry to hear that you are so worried and stressed. Your mother is very fortunate to have you for her daughter. I'll be praying for your family.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aw.... hugs to you, girl!
    You've got a lot going on in your life right now - don't worry about getting pictures of your dolls to us until you feel like doing it.

At least, your mind can be at ease because your mom is being looked after and in one sense you don't have to worry about her. You did the right thing to take her and obviously they have assessed her and feel that she should be there or they wouldn't have kept her this long. When she rants at you just remember that is her illness talking and she is somewhere safe where she can get help. They have marvelous medication these days and hopefully it won't be too long before you are calmly having tea with her!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Your grandma probably has not too much else to do but worry about everything and want to know what's going on - so yes I can see her phoning a lot. You'll just have to reassure her that your Mom is being well looked after - maybe get an answering machine to pick up all messages and then just phone her once a day.
    You have done something very hard - but it was the right thing and you are a good daughter. Trust that your Mom is in good care and will be OK. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast