Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't tell me Imbalance is being left to his own devices on his own forum, who will remember to tell him to take his meds? [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know why, but I still check out this forum from time to time.

I'm totally DONE with HeroClix, and I just couldn't get interested in HorrorClix (even after buying a few dozen boosters.) I'm pretty much done with Wizkids and collectable games in general. In fact, I haven't played a tabletop game in many months. I'm lucky if I can even talk a few casual friends into a game of Monopoly or Clue, much less Zombies!!! or Zombie Town, and much MUCH less anything that involves collectability, long-term investment, or fanatic obsession.

HeroClix was apparantly just another chapter of my life that has since come to a bitter close, but I'm always up for some "social interaction."

I wish all of you the best of luck (fun), in all of your gaming pursuits. I'll always appreciate the time I spent on the old forum "back in the day," and if anyone wants to chat, I'm not hard to find (MySpace, MSN, Yahoo, etc.)

I'm not saying this will be the last time I ever revisit this forum, but...

it just seems to get more depressing and pointless every time I check in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love you guys. Really.
    And I don't know why anyone would quit playing heroclix. I've spent my more recent games without cards or pogs. I can use all my favorite JSA now and I can still use them with better rules. Like 'use your own powers' and '3d game components only'. Good times. Just because WK is digging their own grave doesn't mean I can't pick out the non-crap they're producing and use it for my own demented purposes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There isn't a whole lot more to say that that is there... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I've gotten out of the plastic crack, because of problems with Wizkids and their representitives.

And of course, I snigger everytime I sell another of my sets off.

3 years of fun, and a partial return on my investment = New Nintendo Wii!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suddenly have this image of myself sitting at the computer, eyes bloodshot, gnarly hands clicking the refresh button every hour or so, desperately hoping someone will stop by...

<shudder>

I never actually expected to get traffic here. It is what it is, though, and will probably remain until Hostboard goes tits up. As for HeroClix, this pretty much nailed it for me:

Originally posted by Ronfar:
    I love you guys. Really.
    And I don't know why anyone would quit playing heroclix. I've spent my more recent games without cards or pogs. I can use all my favorite JSA now and I can still use them with better rules. Like 'use your own powers' and '3d game components only'. Good times. Just because WK is digging their own grave doesn't mean I can't pick out the non-crap they're producing and use it for my own demented purposes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wizkids has nothing left to offer me. There will be some characters that I will want to acquire along the way, but I'm pretty much finished supporting them directly. I've been filling in gaps in my Mage Knight collection by the pound simply for the joy of collecting, never really played it. I look forward to being able to do so with HeroClix in a year or two. In the meantime, I play with friends and show up for an occasional tourney, but have all but committed myself to an all-out boycott against the company. I try to keep up with news and what's going on in the community, but even the forums are riddled with WK reps trying to drive you away. It's just not worth it, and if it wasn't for the trade threads I've got going I would probably go nuclear with some of the mods. It's gotten even worse since Haiku left. Seth Johnson is the last bastion of hope for the game, and even that is waning. It's only a matter of time.

HeWhoIs also makes a very good point. I've been tempted to unload my valuable pieces now while the market still has legs, invest in something else that I'll get much more enjoyment out of (really do want a Wii), and then buy back everything I ever had when the bottom drops out in the same way I'm grabbing up MK now. I'm fairly certain it would pay off, I just lack the ambition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get out now, why you can!