File this Super-8 idea under one of my "wackier" ideas but one that could work.

I was talking to the Spectra Film & Video guys and they mentioned that even though they sell Super-8 cameras that they have already checked out and evaluated, sometimes walk in customers are reluctant to buy a Super-8 camera from them if they know they can get the same Super-8 camera from eBay for less money.

I suggested to Spectra that they start buying these glorious ebay super-8 camera deals that everyone talks about themselves. When the eBay Super-8 camera arrives, simply write on the box what is supposed to be inside, but leave the box sealed.

The next time a customer comes in and inquires about purchasing a Super-8 camera, Spectra can show them a serviced Super-8 camera that is for sale and if the bare bones price is too high Spectra can then point to the unopened boxes in the corner of the room and say, "We also have that very same Super-8 camera model purchased from an actual eBay auction". The box has yet to be opened but it's in the exact same condition any camera you could buy off of eBay would be in".

Which Super-8 camera do you think the customer would end up purchasing? [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]