Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    has anyone heard about a process where you damage/destroy super8 film while projecting to create crazy effects ?
    I once heard from a friend about a girl who projected a super 8 film in an art gallery. Every time the main actor appeared, she scratched the film with a screwdriver and the film stopped on one frame, started burning, and then continued playing.
    I'm really interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this themselves or anyone who has any similar stories as im keen to try it out myself but i dont really want to damage my super 8 projector.
    cheers,
    /dan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dan127:
    Hi,
    has anyone heard about a process where you damage/destroy super8 film while projecting to create crazy effects ?
    I once heard from a friend about a girl who projected a super 8 film in an art gallery. Every time the main actor appeared, she scratched the film with a screwdriver and the film stopped on one frame, started burning, and then continued playing.
    I'm really interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this themselves or anyone who has any similar stories as im keen to try it out myself but i dont really want to damage my super 8 projector.
    cheers,
    /dan
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Do you know who that girl is? She is an urban legend who runs on the walls of various museums late at night, making frames of films dissolve onto walls of the museums themselves.

Panicked museum directors had to come up with an explanation to curious patrons, so they cleverly keep empty frames in storage and whenever the girl dissolves another film frame onto the wall they just put a picture frame around it.

If it were me, I would make a video master of film masterpiece and experiment with the dissolve effects you speak of on video.
    In this way one could replicate the same dissolve every time the video is shown without further damaging the original film.