Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I've been shooting the Velvia 50 that Spectra film & video is selling. (see images posted on this forum). My favorite type of shooting is time-lapse.

I was able to get permission to shoot in a location that overlooks the San fernando Valley. As time goes on, Trees have gotten so tall that even when you don't want them in the shot, such as a skyline shot, there they are, poking into the bottom of the frame.

That's why new areas of construction have the advantage for skyline and sunset shots, less trees obstructing the shots.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmmm. Do you think your new pal "Santo" could help you with this problem?

Say it ain't so, Alex. Say it ain't so.

Come back and visit us at filmshooting/conspiracytheory/slotcars.com. We really do love you over there. Those guys at cinematography.com are not your real friends. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Beautiful Velvia shots BTW.

Tim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by etimh:
    Hmmmmm. Do you think your new pal "Santo" could help you with this problem?

Say it ain't so, Alex. Say it ain't so.

Come back and visit us at filmshooting/conspiracytheory/slotcars.com. We really do love you over there. Those guys at cinematography.com are not your real friends. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Beautiful Velvia shots BTW.

Tim
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">LOL, how could Santo help me regarding the trees? [img]confused.gif[/img]

I was just as surprised as you that Santo said something nice about me and this forum. Well, not surprised because what he said about my forum I think was right on.

I'll refrain from commenting about his other comments about another forum because nothing good could come from me getting involved. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

Is someone insinuating that I'm Santo? Last time a certain somebody who will remain nameless insinuated that I was "Dark Angel" and "Paradise Lost" and even when others told him they knew that I wasn't either of them, he STILL insisted he was right.

I'm glad you like the pictures I've posted. I've since shot some more velvia and perhaps I'll put up new velvia images. I'm kind of feeling like I should feel nauseous because one of the coolest nighttime shots I ever shot was completely out of focus.

I was evicted by security guards from one location and when I went to my next location it had gotten dark and I could not tell if the shot was in focus or not. I assumed that because I did not reset my shot from the previous location that it would have held focus.

I was also distracted because I had three cameras going. Gosh it was such a good shot. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I love this forum, and admire the dedication and hard work you put into it. I tell people if they want a quick and reliable answer to a vexing Super 8 question, come here. Alex will help you out.

I just found it strange to hear some decent words spill from that guy's mouth. I was joking about him helping you with the tree topic because he always seems to belittle other's problems with sarcasm and useless denigration.

Please do post some more Velvia shots. Did you go over and check out the shots that T-Scan posted on filmshooting? Also really nice. And with the two Euro companies doing the same I think we have a great new alternative.

I'm going down to pick up my first two carts at Spectra this weekend. I have NO idea what I'm going to do with them but I hope that just by holding them in my hand I'll get some inspiration.

Here's to you, Alex. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Tim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just found it strange to hear some decent words spill from that guy's mouth. I was joking about him helping you with the tree topic because he always seems to belittle other's problems with sarcasm and useless denigration.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Wow, that would probably Santo's primary flaw, good call.

Please do post some more Velvia shots. Did you go over and check out the shots that T-Scan posted on filmshooting? Also really nice. And with the two Euro companies doing the same I think we have a great new alternative.

I'm going down to pick up my first two carts at Spectra this weekend. I have NO idea what I'm going to do with them but I hope that just by holding them in my hand I'll get some inspiration.

Here's to you, Alex. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Tim
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Just THWACK the film cartridge against your forehead a few times, do it in public and until you get woozy, and see what happens. (kidding).

Yes I saw T-Scans scans, they are gorgeous.

I do get a chuckle over how he continues to defend Ektachrome 64 however.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

can't resist chipping in here - but i am amazed about how many reversal stocks are now available in Super 8 - Kodak, Fuji and Wittner all taken into account - there must be more scope now than in 8mm cin?'s heyday? and not one but *2* cin? mags on the go -

now all we need - apart from Beaulieu - is for someone to start manufacturing projectors and cin? cameras again!

[img]wink.gif[/img]