Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check out this link...

First Sold Here

You are bidding on: 6 Super 8 movie cameras for parts/repair/use. I have inspected these only so far as putting batteries in and seeing if they run. They are: Eumic 880 PMA (ran for a few moments, seems to be some sort of intermittent interconnect with the 'safety' on the grip, corrosion in battery box), Braun Nizo Integral 7 (significant battery box corrosion, not testable), Sankyo Sound XL-620 Supertronic (ran for a moment, but the R/RL switch is loose as is the wide/tele switch. Battery box and contacts clean), ELMO Super 8 Sound 1000s Macro (runs, battery box, battery holder, and all contacts like new. Zoom fine. Meter needle responds to light, glass looks fine...this one might be OK as is), Canon 514XL (no response to power), and a Canon Auto Zoom 814 Electronic (no battery cap and corrosion in battery box).

Now the Eumig camera is being resold here as an awesome Super-8 camera

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/EUMIG-880-PMA-AWESOME-SUPER-8-CAMERA_W0QQitemZ7610952519QQcategoryZ4691QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">
    Camera Resold here</a>

EUMIG 880 PMA -AWESOME SUPER 8 CAMERA ! 2 -INTERVALOMETER TIMERS , EUMIG'S TOP OF THE LINE CAMERA .....MADE IN AUSTRIA IN THE MID 1980'S.....SHARP + FAST 1.8/ 7-56 MACRO-ZOOM (I AM TOLD IT WAS MADE BY SCHNEIDER FOR THIS TOP MODEL) 1,9, 18 , 24 FPS........... + SHORT (1-60 SEC) AND LONG (1-10 MINUTE) INTERVAL TIMERS FOR TIMELAPSE OR ANIMATION . 2-SPEED POWERZOOM W/ SEPARATE DRIVE MOTOR , POWER FADE IN / FADE OUT ...... AUTO/ MANUAL / CORR+ EXPOSURE........INDEXABLE DUAL FOOTAGE COUNTER..

THIS CAMERA HAS BEEN TESTED W/ FILM AND WORKS AS IT SHOULD . ALL FUNCTIONS PERFORM .....IT IS A BEAUTIFUL CAMERA ! THE GLASS IS UNSCRATCHED , THE COATING IS GOOD....

BUYER TO PAY SHIPPING , I WILL PACK W/ TLC . . . PAYPAL,MO,CHECKS...

------------------------------------------

The first seller claimed corrosion in the handle but that apparently has been removed???

------------------------------------------

Well, I have an update, A response from the seller!

spacelyscollets is the seller.

"There was a little scale in the battery dep't ,
    but that wasn't the story. (i cleaned it up and
    sealed it ,of course...) but judging these old , complicated cameras is too much for most non-filmmakers to understand . somebody else just couldn't turn it on .
    .... + i knew how.

that's great that you i'd my purchase , but i took a huge chance sinking $85 in unknown goods.

....i've bought lot sales like this before + lost
    big , because someone had 'worked on' the junkbefore me ,and stole all the important parts.

i'll assume you understand this camera is REALLY
    COOL! ...and no less cool than the SANKYO 620xl
    supertronic , which goes up for sale when i sell this one to a lucky bidder .

this is every bit as good as an equivalent nizo ,
    bauer , beaulieu , bolex...(eumig made all the super-8 bolex cams)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the seller gave a good solid answer, as long as the corrosion in the camera handle was properly serviced I have no problem with the answer I got.

Frankly this seller may be doing everyone a service by buying 6 cameras and then individually checking them out and reselling the reselleable ones.

What if you really wanted only one of the original six cameras that were being sold, seems like a shame to throw away the other five just because they weren't what one was interested in.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ April 21, 2006 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both links got to the same auction. Please fix--I'd like to see this.

Tim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually was going to bid on the camera, but alas, different priorities came up.

Looks like a good deal at $46.00.