Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New to super 8 and loaded with questions-

Hello,

My name is Scott, a filmmaker from Los Angeles and new to this board.

I made a few feature docs on DV with my Canon XL1s and XL2, but I am very interested in making a narrative in super 8. I just purchased a Canon 1014 and I am about to do some test shots with it. I have a few questions:

First, I would like to know some opinions on what type of film stock I should shoot on. I will be shooting in overcast/rain and interiors only - a Seattle type setting.

Second, I want to shoot in 24fps. What is your experience using the shutter degree 150 and 220? I'm assuming I should use the 220 setting to push more light in the camera, but I am not sure how much detail I will loose?

Thank you. Scott

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New to super 8 and loaded with questions-

So - you were that guy who outbid me for that Canon 1014 on eBay! I have a score to settle with you!

Just kidding (though I did get outbid on one of those just recently). I too have a Canon XL1s.

I am also new to this board and to Super 8. I have a lot of noob questions as well. I can't afford a Canon 1014 anyway at the moment, so I settled for a Nikon 8X Super Zoom (I can hear you chuckling BTW).

Mods - Should I just join this thread to ask questions or start a new one?

Anyway, I live in a backwoods town in Northeast Georgia, only miles away from where the Academy Award nominated movie 'Deliverance' was filmed. I just want to let everyone know that I think it's a great movie and that using this film to insult me in regards to my geographical location and cultural heritage doesn't bother me at all. It's something I have just learned to endure.

Anyway, it's great to be here and I look forward to learning as much as I can about Super 8!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. Looks like this place gets ZERO traffic.

Last post I will be making in this place.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL...yes that was me or could have been me! I just won it on ebay about a week and a half ago.

Yes, I haven't been on this board since a few days after I posted - I also feel there is like zero traffic here, for some reason. Send me your email if you like, and I will send you anything that has helped me during all my research...and of course vice versa.

my email: [email protected]

BEst,
    Scott

oh - I just saw "Squeal like a pig boy" the other day on reg tv...scary to be out of the city and deep in the woods.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, I don't get notified when someone leaves a post. Hostboard re-designs their forum every few years and it's like starting over again. Thankfully, the older posts
    have been preserved.

Rather than feel ignored, please realize you can also use the search function and learn a LOT.
    [URL="http://www.alexlogic.com/"] AlexLOGIC [/URL]
    [URL="http://www.super-8mm.com/"] Super-8mm.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.super-8mm.net/"] Super-8mm.net[/URL]