Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My name is Greg

By trade I am a radio air personality. Former Program Director, Operations Manager and even a owner of a small station. (The fool,)

I should have used the money to make a feature.

I'm 56. I have also done a number of free lance projects as a Commercial Photographer -Videographer.

I have also worked on ultra low budget and student films in a variety of crew positions including DP, Gaffer, Grip and PA.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My name is Cal Godot. I live in Hollywood.

I am a writer. Also a sys admin (Unix/NT), web developer, and photographer. Currently learning video editing & other post-production skills.

When I was a kid the two things I wanted most were a typewriter and a Super8 camera. My parents got me the typewriter when I was about ten, but the camera never came through. I've been in love with movies forever - my mother went to see a lot of movies when she was pregnant with me, so I think that's what did it. (She drove a lot when she was pregnant with my brother, and he's nuts about cars. Weirdness.)

In October 2000 I completed my first movie, "Alex the Great." It was shot on minDV with a Canon XL1 camcorder. The final cut was 40 minutes long. Sadly, I wrote and shot it as a feature, but a good 60-80% was unusable, mostly due to my writing. Most people who see it say it's "pretty good," but I think it's pretty bad. Decent first effort, but I can do better.

I'm currently in pre-production on another short. I'm 100% committed to shooting on film with this one. Originally the plan was to shoot on Super8, but I'm coming under some pressure to consider Super16. (Someone tried to pressure me toward DV: I wonder if he's made it out of that hole I shoved him into yet...) The inner-child in me wants Super8, the inner-producer in me wants to be able to sell the film or at least get into a few festivals. I'm sure they'll work something out; the inner-child has a good agent.

I've also worked on a lot of productions, theater, film and video. My past includes a lot of journalism, various colleges, a lot of moving around, at least two drug problems, a few arrests, and an uncountable number of exes. In short, a full well from which to draw.

Some of my favorite filmmakers, along with some of my favorite films they've made: David Lynch (Mulholland Drive), Alison Anders (Food, Gas, Loding), John Cassavetes (A Woman Under the Influence), Jon Jost (All the Vermeers in New York), Roger Corman (The Intruder), and Stuart Gordon (From Beyond).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Christian, glad to see such a strong supporter of super 8, and welcome to the forum! MikeyB

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, everyone!

My name is Christian, I?m 31 years old.

I live in Vienna / Austria.

Started shooting Super-8 at the age of 12. Abandoned it for a few years to explore DV and am now back to Super-8 for several months.

I have cleaned my movie gear (Nizo 6080, Beaulieu R16, Canon AF 310 XLS, Bauer C 700 XL, Bauer T525, Bell & Howell T25) and since that I shoot mostly K40 whenever I have time.

I?m working in the movie business in Austria and have a webshop for moviestuff where I recently added Super-8 material for the again growing users of this beloved format. Also trying to initiate a new filmfestival and filmfair with one of the multiplexes I?m working with.

By the way: As long as we are using Super-8 - chances are this format will see light of day longer than we are...

Greetings to the worldwide community!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123