Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It appears to have some threads....hmm I have been thinking about trying to get a Canon 814 or 1014 off of ebay just because of variable filming speeds and manual exposures...This camera is pretty basic...I'm confused... [img]mad.gif[/img] haha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the Canon 814XLS and 1014XLS has just officially become my second favorite camera after the Leicina.

If you're interested you could buy the Canon 814XLS that I am getting repaired at U.T. Photo. The reason I suggest that one is you could talk to Ron personally and he could tell what shape it's in.

I bought it on E-bay. The Seller had problems with the battery handle and rewired the camera to work from a separate, external power supply.

The seller claims the camera was used primarily on a copy stand for single-frame animation.

Ron showed me a "trick" for determining the shape of a Canon 814XLS or 1014XLS.

You point the camera lens toward the ground and try the single frame / time-lapse mode. If the camera has trouble firing, it needs repair.

I thought the camera was working perfectly. But the camera failed this test that I had not known about.

He's working on the camera. The repair is estimated at $175.00.

If he can fix the camera properly, it would be a swell piece of camera gear to own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am VERY interested in this..and I would love to own it...Could we talk about the finer details over email? my email is [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a B+W UV haze filter on my B&H MS-45 super-8, and it seems to work fine. Since all the lenses for my F4S and Pentax 645 have 77mm threads, I bought a 62-77mm step-up ring and the excellent (and huge) Mamiya M77 #1 lens hood for the MS-45 so I can use one filter size for all cameras. The 77mm step-up pretty much assures no vignetting, and the Mamiya hood is extremely durable, and the front section is rigid. Looks like it could even provide good protection for the lens in the event of a head-on crash. Hmmm, maybe I should consult the "Insurance Institute for Camera Safety" for actual crash test results.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12