Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone okay?

MovieStuff
    In light of the tragedy dominating today's news, I thought it appropriate to see if everyone associated with this board and their families are okay. I pray that all finds you well and safe.

Welcome to the brave new world. frown

Roger

MadFor3D

I'm on 25th St. O.k. here. Never seen anything so scary in my life. My girlfriend has gone to a friends house, she works on 49th St. A lot of people have left they're places of business.

I'm sufficiently freaked out. Lets pray this insanity ends soon.

Peace,
    Love,

Madrone

------------------

CirrusKitfox

I don't have television, just a radio. Just hearing about it is very frightening.... I don't know what to say...... This has been a BAD day.... frown

------------------

Hanthx
    Holy shit!

I can't believe my eyes.

Nigel, your back from New York right bud?

Scott

------------------

Alex

A lose, lose, lose, lose, lose, lose, tragedy all the way around.

There is a smoking non-religious gun here....sure this is primarily about "Religious Beliefs"....but other issues fan religious fanaticism into action...

Loss #1

No one can tell the U.S. what to do or suggest to us what to do...(the Kyoto "Agreement" is a prime example)

Loss #2

Today's attack is the primary way to get the United States attention.

Loss #3

The innocents and their families and friends involved in todays disaster, some on this board will be affected.

Loss #4

The "Revenge" by the U.S. to follow...

Loss #5

The reaffirmation of our way of life as a statement that we can't be taken down by terrorism.

Loss #6

We continue to make wasteful energy eating vehicles that require us to seek raw resources from all over the world.

In our own way, The United States declares an act of economic war every time we make a vehicle that gets shit gas mileage...

....because we will feed the inefficient energy hogs we create and then glorify them through media advertising.

We will even go to war wherever and whenever our energy sources are endangered because those sources feed the inefficient energy beast we create and glorify in this country.

We don't see our creation of inefficient vehicles as an act of economic aggression because our television commercials tell us otherwise, but it is...

The Vicious Cycle is Complete....return to Loss #1 and repeat....over and over.

I believe the less resources that are consumed by all without negatively affecting our way of life, the better off the planet and it's peoples will be.

- A.

------------------

Carlos8

Unhappy

Some few years ago, Argentina suffered two serious attacks against its Jewish community (The third in importance in the world). Both attacks were product of the same irrational fanaticism that today convulses to the United States. Something had changed starting from these serious events. No place is already safe in this world. We all are vulnerable to the terrorism. The Middle East conflict is globalized.

Peace to all.

------------------

Rigo

Peace and love fellows.

------------------

aeroplaneflyhigh

anyone else pondering for ideas on a film or story that is a metaphor or simliar event?
    i just feel that it needs to be expressed

------------------

MovieStuff

Someone earlier asked about Nigel. Has anyone heard from him? I know he was supposed to do his New York thing. I hope he is okay.

Roger

Scottness

It's all pretty hard to take isn't it - I wrote a poem this morning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

What is it that people don't understand
    This world is killing itself
    ~ And why would I rather take a hit than hit back?
    Because I think life itself is worth preserving

How can people hate each other so much?
    When all they're doing is hating themselves
    ~ both universally and themself psychologically
    ~ because an "enemy" only represents that in yourself that you haven't accepted
    And thus the world continues

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Best wishes to all

Scot McPhie

------------------

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast