Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey everybody:

I just rescued my father's old Sankyo camera from the closet and managed to acquire some film. The problem is the instruction manual is long gone and I don't know a damn thing about Super 8 cameras. So my stupid question is, how do you load the camera? I don't really know how the cartridges work and I don't want open them up till I know what I'm doing. I REALLY don't want to do it wrong and expose twelve dollars worth of film. I'm sure you guys can help me out. Thanks.

J. Peter Wolk-Laniewski

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The first thing to do is find the film compartment on the camera. Open the compartment and look for the film gate. The gate will be located in line with the lens. Open the box of film and remove the cartrige from the foil seal. Look around the edge of the cart to find the side where you can see film. The side with the exposed film is the part that goes toward the gate. This should place the cartrige in a position with the label facing out and right side up so it can be read. The cart should fit in securly. Once this is done, close and fasten the door if necessary and your film should be ready to go. It's very simple, no messy mags to load smile

-trevor

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one of the great things about super8 is the tremendous ease of loading. i work as a film loader professionally and i smile wide with every cartridge of s8 i snap into my cameras.
    you can load your camera in full daylight (although dark is always preferable). once you see the cartridge and compare it to the film transport in the camera, you'll immediately recognize how to load the film into the camera. the only thing i feel i'd need to tell you is to place the film transport side of the cartridge in first, then snap the rear in. the exception to this is... your sankyo might be the rear-loading type, in which case you simply slide the cartridge in and close the door.
    super8 is a lot like video in this regard only. good luck.