Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Dan, welcome to host board.

I think that movie & TV producers are having a major effect on today?s society.

I am 50 years old, when we were kids we played cops & robbers or cowboy & Indians by shooting each other with our fingers, If someone did you wrong it was a fight with our fists and when someone cried uncle, they were let up to go their way.

Now I see toys in the stores are copies of Uzis or Mac 10 machine guns, you can buy army style knives and swords at the local convenience stores. The Movies are now made to justify the killing or assault of people, Now if someone pisses you off the reply you hear (even for trivial matters) is "I'm gonna Kill You"

I think a lot of that is the deterioration of family & family discipline. In today?s society, I don?t see the family unit being intact as it was in the 50's & 60's

roger

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi my names Dan i'm currently studying at a college in the uk in Media studies

I am currently carrying out critical research for A2 media studies on crime in the media. My question is if you could help me in anyway "could today?s media have an influence on crime related events carried out in today?s society?" In other words could violent media imagery cause people to carry out crime related events?

If you could give me you feedback and thoughts into this it would be much appreciated