Thread: Music and Electronics (drum machines)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im doing another paper for English and this time Id like to do it on how the evolution of machines in the music industry has changed music and the role of both musicians and music itself.

Since the introduction of drum machines and other sequencing technologies, many musicians have lost their jobs. many records seem to be made with drum machines playing these days. This is obviously bad for drummers but from a more general perspective is an OK thing since more of todays music seemss to be like a body based dance thing and people can dance to perfect grooves that are extremely consistant. I realize these days that programming takes a kind of skill too. Who ever programmed the stuff for craig david knew what he/she was doing cuz i think that stuff grooves. Me and my bass player were one time listening to Britney Spears [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] and admiring how good the stuff on there sounded. for what it is... total sell out commercial music, its actually quite good...

guys like jo jo mayer and questlove and even zoro talks about how they emulate drum machine type grooves and that is also preetty intersting.

I think i read here somewhere that the session scene is goin down hill fast .... and (as i think i read) if dave weckl said that... then it must be pretty bad....?

also auto tune pitch corrections have made it possible for musicians who are very crappy to create things they cant naturally do... this is Ok from a record sales perspective because if it sounds Ok on record people will buy it, but if they cant do it live... to me.. what good is it? Like Hoobastanks reason is supposed to be pretty popular and they play it pretty often on the radio here... i thought it was OK... but apparently that guys cant sing for crap live and all the high notes are horrible when he does it live... i think incubus on the other hand is good live.

what do you guys think? any experiences opinions or resources i could do my research with (statistics and stuff) ... any help would be more than great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Music and Electronics (drum machines)

One of the best DrumSource is VST instrument that is a sample based drum machine. You can load it in any Digital audio workstation like Cubase and Minihost. It has a sequencer and a congenital in sample browser. It looks and feels like a best hardware drum machine.
    [url=http://www.apetrexo.com.br/ch/fab/46/Philips.aspx]pre?o philips[/url]