Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I vote no or yes. I don't think this is a new vinnie track. Too many old Vinnie ideas in it. If it is Vinnie, most likely an early ninties deal. But I don't think it's him. But then again, it could be a Vinnie date between a Sting show, as his chops are rocked out.
    May I eat my shorts if the proof is layed on the table.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To judge if it's Vinnie or Not i can hardly tell. I don't know if Vinnie would fire out so many goodies in one solo, but i think the groove sound different, if i remember correctly that shuffle you hear in the tune is something I rarely hear from Vinnie.

But if it's not Vinnie, it's pretty scary.

At some point i'm impressed, but from another point of view it's pretty sad to sound like another drummer in terms of soloing(!) that's so hard to tell a difference. I would take it as a serious critique not a compliment if i sounded just like Vinnie while i'm soloing. It's not that i don't like Vinnie's Solos in fact they are my favorites of all solos!

I just think it must be like a personal attack on Vinnie to sound so much like him. It's like having a conversation with someone and you try to emulate and say the same things as the person you are talking to.

But no doubt that this cat whethers it's Vinnie or the Mercedes E200-Vinnie Emulator that's playing can play! Reaching a level to play like Vinnie is pretty sick, but tasteless in my oppinion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The track was recorded in 1995 or 96 and the word I received from someone who knew Susan W. at the time was that it was indeed Vinnie on the track. I'll do some checking and try to confirm this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, in a Hardy Fisch?tter Interview iI read, that he's done that tune "Vinnie" to honour Vinnie Colaiuta, but that of course it is actually Hardy himself who plays the drums there.

So, did he lie???

I don't think so....

And BTW I don't think that nobody would have said that Vinnie himself plays on that tune if he is not listed in the credits.

ATB
    Daniel

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 13, 2005 06:02 AM: Message edited by: doeni ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, in a Hardy Fisch?tter Interview iI read, that he's done that tune "Vinnie" to honour Vinnie Colaiuta, but that of course it is actually Hardy who plays the drums there.

So, did he lie???

I don't think so....

And BTW I don't think that Susan Weinert would have said that Vinnie himself plays on that tune if is not listed in the credits.

ATB
    Daniel

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion, H. Fischotter isn't a clone of Vinnie. For sure, Vinnie is his main influence, but he also got ideas from Weckl and Chambers and added some ideas of own. Above all, copycat or not, I think he is very musical.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Guys,

So yes, Hardy plays on the track named "Vinnie".

You can find some nice music samples on his website too, check out the drum solo on "Chiken" live in India !!!
    And he plays some great straight funky groove too.

http://www.hardyfischoetter.de

Yeah, he likes Vinnie, who doesn't ?...
    I like how he plays very much, and he has a new fan, me.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12