Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen the guys do a handful of covers (i.e. The Last Time, Folsom Prison Blues, Bad Moon Rising, etc.). Can anyone tell me other covers you've heard them do live (other than the obvious "Ring Of Fire," "King Of Fools" and "Making Believe")?

L U D E B O Y

The Clash - Guns of Brixton

Inactive Member guitar_gangster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

is there a recording of them doing guns of brixton?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen them do "Shame on me" it was great BTW who wrote the song, for the life of me I can't remember.

L U D E B O Y

The only version of "Guns of Brixton" I have is when Ness's son is singing at hootenanny a few years back. Ness was playing a hollow-body guitar while playing that song. I would love a studio version of that song along with Jimmy Cliff's "The Harder They Come".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thunderbird, Where and when have you seen Social Distortion perform "The Last Time" by the Stones? Which line-up was it? That's one of my favorite Stones songs.... I would die to hear the current line-up do that one...

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by L U D E B O Y:
    The only version of "Guns of Brixton" I have is when Ness's son is singing at hootenanny a few years back. Ness was playing a hollow-body guitar while playing that song. I would love a studio version of that song along with Jimmy Cliff's "The Harder They Come".
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I had no idea there was a recording of that! I knew it happened and could only imagine that it was badass.

What's the quality like and is there any possibility of me getting my hands on it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The version of Guns Of Brixton I have is the version with his son singing...very very very poor quality...but hey, it's rare!

And the song Shame On Me was originally done by Ersel Hickey.....for those interested: I have ALL originals on covers ever played by SD, even the very very hard to get ones (eg. King Of Fools by Ed Bruce and Long Black Veil by Lefty Frizzel), also have ALL original recordings on the Under The Influence records...pretty bad ass!

BTW did you know Ball and Chain is some sort of a cover too...originally recorded by the Stones as Dead Flowers....check out that song! Talking about the Stones...I hate their boring version on Backstreet Girl!!!

L U D E B O Y

I saw them cover the Last Time in Ventura a few years back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They played The Last Time in San Francisco last November, "in honor of the Stones also being in town" or something like that. I remember Greaser Girl and I looking at each other when Donny had to stand in the pit and hold the words up for Mike. Guess they hadn't played it in a while!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast