Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Friend's Sister, Part 32

DogWithABone

Re: Best Friend's Sister, Part 32

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Grey View Post
    Hello All...

I'd like to thank everyone for reading the story! I've had some concerns as of late in terms of how to manage the story, and I think that is one of many reasons (and trust me, there have been many) that my updates are so sporadic. I tried writing another story. It was terrible.

I've read the criticisms, and while I don't respond directly often (part of me is reluctant on my own stories ? feels weird) I thought this merited, as I'm going to run an idea by you guys. The next week in the timeline (BFS 33) is the Beta-O Hooter's oil wrestling event. The following week is Spring Break. I have a special kind of one-off for the break on the cruise. If I publish it as BFS 33a, would that be ok, with an understanding that BFS 33 might be out of order?

And I'd like to say thank you all for the feedback, positive and negative. I have tried to listen and consider it. I strive to be better, especially with my writing, and the commentary and discussion have helped. Thanks DTHooters for the constant read throughs and commentary ? I have been reading, and listening, though I'm sure it seems as though I am ignoring it a lot. I will say the shift with Sabrina, though background now 1) won't be long, and 2) was a direct result of your points (mirrored through others as well).

Since people have been asking, Tiff's mom is going to factor in here, with some surprises for other characters that have been hinted at previously (vague!). There is a plan. I make no promises that it's a good one.

So the short version. Would everyone like a small break from Beta-O v Hooters? If so, I'll write the cruise stuff first.

Thanks again to all who have read my stories. I hope you enjoy them!
    That actually sounds great. The diversion would help as it's felt like such a one note universe for a while now.

Hostboard Member fanofthefights's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Obviously everyone has their own opinion and is certainly entitled to theirs. There are few opinions I'd trust more than DT's though in this one single instance, I must respectfully disagree.

I understand where they are coming from and it certainly is a valid "complaint" if you will, as it has been a very single-serving story of late, without as much of the usual extra curricular stuff feeding into it to keep things fresh and vital, but I also believe there is a reason for this in this instance. It's hard to continue moving the story of the sorority and the hooters girls forward if there keep being these off-ramps to a different set of characters. I fully trust in Jon's story-telling abilities and expect things in both the oil wrestling as well as the cruise to be enough of a pallet cleanser to do away with any of the potential staleness of the story.

I agree that I think, in my estimation, that writing it in chronological order would be the route to go simply because it'd be the easiest. No potential spoilers or letting information slip while writing the cruise story, no fear of a plot hole or missing storylines etc, but again it is only one man's opinion.

Whatever you choose to do Jon, I'll read it and probably like it, but I'm glad that there are enough fans of this series willing to give their constructive feedback and even criticism to help the universe move forward and continue to grow.

Junior Hostboard Member firstgoma's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Augurs, Dooms and Goldmikes stories are nice but nobody can write like Jon Grey. He is the master of titfighting and Tiffany is a woman every man would like to have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jon,

In my humble opinion, I think sense this wonderful story is your creation I feel that you should sequence it how you see fit. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to writing on of the greatest stories to ever grace this board. Keep up the great work!!!!

Reddd

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with reddd.. BFS is one of the very best series in this forum. Jon was the author who made it happen. The series is at its best when Jon writes on what he feels is right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12